REALLY long cycles and trying to get pregnant

punkymom

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am waiting and hoping my period comes that way I at least know that I did ovulate.

I am beginning to worry "what if I didn't ovulate this cycle".
My cycles are so messed up and long. :cry:

I feel like I don't even get a shot at TTC.

I just started vitex a month ago but I worry what if I don't ovulate at all.
Please can someone give me some reassurance?
:hugs:

Do you think it looks like I did ovulate?

(My last three days are not on my chart because I have been sick so my temps are super high)

I'd say that your chart is ambiguous...meaning it does look like you may have ovulated, but it's not definitive. If I had to wager money, I'd lean toward yes though. I'm just not positive. I'm sorry, sweetheart! Have you had any other symptoms that usually come after ovulation? Tender bb's or anything?

Hey Hun. I've vitex in the past. It took a few months for me to see any benefits from it. I don't chart so can't say if your chart looks any good. Hoping you get the answers you're looking for xx

I have the same problem. I ovulate all over the place, from CD14-CD28+. Sometimes I have a 28 day cycle, sometimes I have a 50 day cycle. My doctor put me on Clomid so that I know for sure when I ovulate. As he put it, people like us getting pregnant is like "shooting at fish in a barrel" (meaning it's harder for us because we don't ever know when we should be having sex). Do you use OPKs? I don't know how to read charts though, sorry I can't give any input on that.

I know how you feel :( I'm cd182! I think it looks like you ovulated possibly cd31 or between cd43 or 44 x

Good luck x

OH! Thank you all for the support! I means so much to me! :hugs:

I DID do clomid one cycle but I really want to do this natural.
I was hoping Vitex and Maca will help.
I really just want my body to get healthy and normal.

It's so hard. I am so jealous when I see people who O normally. :nope:
I don't even know if I have had ONE chance at becoming a mother and its been this long. :(

I am praying I get my period so that I can feel confident that I did ovulate and will get another cycle.

I was using OPK's last cycle but gave up right around the time I got cross hairs! :dohh:

I am using them again. Every day no matter what because I really have no idea when I ovulate.

I am on about 30 days of Vitex and Maca so I know it can take more time than that. I would feel so great if I could get my body to function on its own.

What is everyone else doing or trying?
What has worked to straiten out long cycles for us ladies?

Thank you wonderful women!

Royal Jelly has been my answer. I truly believe that this is the BEST thing that I've ever taken whilst TTC xx

Royal Jelly has been my answer. I truly believe that this is the BEST thing that I've ever taken whilst TTC xx

MrsC10 I have totally been following your Royal Jelly post and ordered some after reading that! :flower:
I am excited to try and I am hopeful that it will help.

Have you been trying all natural as well? :hugs:

If you did O when your chart is saying you did then you should be expecting AF soon and that would show you have a great LP!....the temp dip today makes it look like she might be coming :) My LP is 14 - 15 days and AF always arrives on the 15th or 16th day after O....so if AF does arrive at least you'll have a few positives to walk away with this cycle!

Thank you Tmb0047!
I am praying with all I got that my AF does show so that I have that to go on. I just hope my body starts working again.

I want to be healthy again. :winkwink:

Thank you for your support! :hugs:

Have you ever heard of why our cycles are so long like this?
What it means?

BLAH! Its so frustrating! :wacko:

I don't even know if I have had ONE chance at becoming a mother and its been this long. :(

I am praying I get my period so that I can feel confident that I did ovulate and will get another cycle.

I was using OPK's last cycle but gave up right around the time I got cross hairs! :dohh:

I am using them again. Every day no matter what because I really have no idea when I ovulate.

I am on about 30 days of Vitex and Maca so I know it can take more time than that. I would feel so great if I could get my body to function on its own.

I need to look into Vitex, I haven't heard of that! Right now I take vitamin b6, vitamin b12, prenatal vitamins, Clomid, and am using PreSeed (I never get EWCM!!). I also use OPKs but I ran out last month and attempted to do a cycle without them - big mistake for me because it's driving me insane!! I use the blue handled Wondfo brand, they're really cheap and work very well for me :)

I need to look into Vitex, I haven't heard of that! Right now I take vitamin b6, vitamin b12, prenatal vitamins, Clomid, and am using PreSeed (I never get EWCM!!). I also use OPKs but I ran out last month and attempted to do a cycle without them - big mistake for me because it's driving me insane!! I use the blue handled Wondfo brand, they're really cheap and work very well for me :)

I have read sooo many GREAT things about vitex. I will say though that I have read not to take anything like that with Clomid.
Natural supplements like Vitex are meant to normalize your cycles and clomid forces your body to do things.
Basically they counteract one another.

Good luck and let me know how things go! :hugs:

MrsC10 I have totally been following your Royal Jelly post and ordered some after reading that! :flower:

Yep. All natural. I haven't taken any prescription medication every to help xx

Yep. All natural. I haven't taken any prescription medication every to help xx

MrsC10 Have you tried vitex or maca?
Has anything helped you?
Did anything help you O (if you have O problems)

I tried vitex. It took a good 6 months to bring ovulation forward. I was having really long cycles at the time and eventually through vitex, started ovulating earlier. CD18 was the earliest I ovulated. The minute I stopped taking it, my cycles went back to their long self again. It did help whilst I was on it.
The Royal Jelly though is the thing that has worked super quick for me and made me O on CD17. Both have worked to help me, but I personally think that for me, the RJ is the one that I'll stick with xx

I tried vitex. It took a good 6 months to bring ovulation forward. I was having really long cycles at the time and eventually through vitex, started ovulating earlier. CD18 was the earliest I ovulated. The minute I stopped taking it, my cycles went back to their long self again. It did help whilst I was on it.
The Royal Jelly though is the thing that has worked super quick for me and made me O on CD17. Both have worked to help me, but I personally think that for me, the RJ is the one that I'll stick with xx

Thats great to hear!
Can I ask why you stopped taking Vitex?

I think I am going to try vitex and RJ together.
I hope it works! :thumbup:

I had a read number of things that said you should take vitex for no more than a year or something like that. I can't remember the reason why. It was a couple of years ago now.
I also only took the vitex for the first 14 days of my cycle and then stopped. This is because vitex can cause uterine cramps and therefore miscarriage if you were to get pregnant xx

I had a read number of things that said you should take vitex for no more than a year or something like that. I can't remember the reason why. It was a couple of years ago now.
I also only took the vitex for the first 14 days of my cycle and then stopped. This is because vitex can cause uterine cramps and therefore miscarriage if you were to get pregnant xx

Oh! Thank you! Thats good to know.
Its great to hear that it helped you though!

Good luck and I wish you all the best! :hugs:

I'm TTC with long, irregular cycles too.. Last cycle was 71 days long, AF arrived a few days ago. I'm so jealous of people with clockwork cycles, I never have any idea when (or if) I'm going to ovulate!

I'm TTC with long, irregular cycles too.. Last cycle was 71 days long, AF arrived a few days ago. I'm so jealous of people with clockwork cycles, I never have any idea when (or if) I'm going to ovulate!

Thank you bumblebeexo! :hugs:

Have you tried anything?
I am doing vitex right now and hoping it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->