really need help :(

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
For the last few days after Daisys mid day nap without fail she will wake up crying and scream for a good 30 minutes+. I dont know what to do with her. She still seems sleepy when she wakes up but theres no getting her back to sleep. I've tried so many things but in the end put her back in her cot and leave her for about 10 minutes (still crying) then she normally seems a bit better when I bring her back down. I just dont know whats right to do :( She's upstairs crying and I'm down here crying.

When I first bring her down after her nap all she does is screams, throws herself on the floor, pinches me, hits me, throws things at me :(

:help:

Have you tried napping together? Or just have her sleep on you?

I personally wouldnt leave her crying on her own :hugs:

You've probably tried these things, but I'll just throw them out there in case. Have you tried ...

Bringing her something instead of lifting her and taking her out? See if there's something that will help her pacify herself in the crib? Bring her some milk? In a bottle if necessary? If that doesn't work, bring her a cracker? Try turning on a nice projector for her to watch and music to listen to?

That might not be helpful advice. But I just wondered if she might be grumpy exactly because she feels like she can't get herself/keep herself to sleep, and if you could help her find a way to learn how to do it herself, perhaps with a few tools.

thank you for your replies :flower:

The thing is she is brilliant with her sleep though, we've never had to settle her, shes fab at going off to sleep it just seems something is waking her but I dont know what, and its only during her nap never in the night :( I never normally leave her to cry - ever, but it really was the last resort :( Thats another thing she wont sleep anywhere but her cot and if I'm in the room she just thinks its play time iykwim? She hasnt fell asleep on me since she was teeny :nope: I might get a projector that sounds a good idea, she had one at newborn but since being mobile I am too paranoid to have anything on or in her cot. I'm hoping its just a phase :( x

isabel went through this stage...very delicate when waking and alerted me to her having woken by crying immediately...i found best way to combat this was go up asap upon her waking then either sit on chair in her room and cuddle her for a few mins or more (i'd see her perk up and all was then ok) or we'd sit on sofa and cuddle in front of tv...the tv gave her something to stare at and veg out to while she got back into the zone!

Jacob quite often does this/used to do this when he naps, think he was just a bit cranky when he woke, or wasn't quite ready to get up, I used to do the same as wishingonastar, and he'd perk up after a while! X

could she be starting to dream I wonder? I am sure the boys went through this and can you imagine how scary yourfirst dreams must be. Orrr do you have a good blackout blind? I invested in a better one this week and the boys are sleeping soooo much better at nap time

HTH xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sophia did exactly this a few months back. She would go down for her afternoon nap fine, then wake up half an hour later screaming, I;d go an dget her and she would be in the worst grump ever for a goo dhour, crying, screaming, nothing would placate her. I never came up with a solution, she did however stop doing it after about a week...............sorry no advice but I do believe it is a phase that will be quite short lived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->