Really pissed off at that womens opinion (rant alert)

amymarx

Mum of 1 beautiful boy :)
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm just back from my health club after going for a wee swim. I was there with my sister and she was in the jacuzzi while i did a couple of laps of the pool. I noticed while I was swimming that a women who was taking a swimming class kept looking at me funny but I just carried on doing what I was doing.
Anyway I got out an went over to the jacuzzi to join my sister. Now I fully aware that a jacuzzi can raise your body temperate so I sat on the edge with my fit dipped in and the water only came up to my knee. The WHOLE time the swimming instructor was watching me. The jacuzzi water was actually quite cool and was no hotter than how I would have my bath so I squatted in the water and it came up to just below my boobs. Now there is noway I would've done this if I thought I was putting myself at risk of overheated and therefore doing the baby damage.
Within 1 minute of me getting in the jacuzzi the women came straight over and said,
"Excuse me, but I don't think you should be in the jacuzzi with your pregnancy as it can actually raise you blood pressure. I really think you should get out now."
I felt soooo patronized and embarrassed and it was obvious because she saw that I was young and pregnant (I'm 19 but look a bit older) she thought I was stupid and didn't know what I was doing! It wasnt what she said but more the smug patronizing way she said it!

I just feel so pissed off at the fact that I have giving up smoking, drinking sugary drinks, coffee, brie, pate and everything else your not supposed to do/eat during pregnancy at the fear of putting my babies health at risk. Only to be made to feel guilty about getting in a lukewarm jacuzzi for ONE minute!!!

Sorry for the rant ladies, OH just doesnt understand lol

Oh the joys!! Nobody tells you that once you are pregnant it is EVERYONE'S right and duty to pass judgement on you.

I always think of the best comebacks about an hour after some busybody has had her say. Then I get annoyed at myself for not being quick enough.

YOU are the best judge of what is too hot or too cold not some nosy bint.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

id have had to say something sarcastic back, if it wasnt hotter than bathwater than its surely fine? :) x

Oh the joys!! Nobody tells you that once you are pregnant it is EVERYONE'S right and duty to pass judgement on you.

I always think of the best comebacks about an hour after some busybody has had her say. Then I get annoyed at myself for not being quick enough.

YOU are the best judge of what is too hot or too cold not some nosy bint.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Lol unfortunately that's what happened to me. I just said Okay then she walked off and within 5 minutes I'd thought of a really good comeback and I actually wanted her to come back and tell me off again just so I could say it lol

this happens to ladies all the time! it is just so wrong to patronise and embarrass someone like that! she could have at least leant over and said it quietly and meant it in a more caring fashionn,at least then you can keep some dignity and not feel attacked

we had our 4d scan today and took our toddler along of course, he got bored within seconds but found amusement playing with a door, the ultrasound tech said dont worry about it he is fine it isnt bothering me at least he is amused, a couple of minutes later the receptionist came over and said i will hold this door so he cant escape (not what he was even trying to do) obviously this made our son scream and cry because he couldnt understand why he could do something one minute and not another she shouted through the door you can cry all you want!

when we came out she targetted my husband trying to give him some really outragous parenting tips "which she learnt from her friend for her grandchild" and started saying i understand you dont know how to raise your son but i will tell you . . .with that my husband stormed out 1. because she was being horrible and 2 to stop himself shouting that he in fact is 50 50 carer giver to our son as he had him whilst i worked! he is more than capable of raising our son and 3 it was her that was causing the issue!

i am in two minds to write a complaint about her because it really really upset my husband which after forking out 145 quid for a scan isnt really the desired affect!

alli can say is people should mind their own business - obviously unless they believe something is seriously wrong - and also that poor womans grandchild having that as a nanny!

i would have told both women in both situations to do one , sorry its my yorkshire streak coming out lol

How rude!! she should mind her own damn business!! X

Good on you! I wouldve done the same, how completely unnecessary of her to comment on your husbands parenting skills. Bitch!!

oh i hope you stayed in! i would have said 'thank you but i am aware of the concerns about jacoozies (spelling) blah blah blah'

i keep getting comments of disapproval at work from one or two people when i told them that i was joining slimming world 'arent you not meant to diet when pregnant?' its not a diet its healthy eating...

then when i carry bags of rubbish to the bin 'should you be carrying those?' they arent heavy and im not an invalid

then when i ride my bike to work 'should you be on a push bike?' my journey takes all of 10 minutes on it. its all flat and i go at about 1 mile an hour anyway - its not like im excerting myself!

oh dear. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"