Really REALLY need advice

mommyoneday

Reaction score
so I guess I'll start from the beginning. I have been off the pill for three months. I'm not trying to conceive it just didn't agree with me.
This month my period started like normal on the 5th but lasted until the 21st. On the 25 I had unprotected sex. He said he would pull out but failed to. Im now in the dilemma of not knowing if I ovulated during my 17 days from hell or if I am ovulating now. My cycle is usually around 28 days.
Please give me your honest opinion. If I hadn't ovulated during my long period I would be ovulating this week. Don't know when period will start now either.

I had lots of spotting after coming off of the pill, and my cycles were messed up. I think it is impossible to guess if you have ovulated during the first part, or you are about to or if it's an anovulatory cycle (unless you track your temperature or something like that).

If you don't want to concieve, I think you can get an "after-event pill" within 3 days to be safe - maybe at a women's health center or from just your normal GP.

If your strange cycles don't get back to normal within a month or two, maybe you should see a gyneacologist to check if everything is ok? Good luck!

Depending on how long you were on the pill, your cycles can be messed up for months. When I came off the Depo Provera shot, I didn't get a normal cycle again for nearly 2 years. Like Szaffi said, it's impossible to guess whether you ovulated or not. If you haven't gotten Plan B (72 hours after sex is the absolute latest you can take it) then your best bet is to keep taking pregnancy tests until you start your next period.

I would suggest charting your temps and cervical mucus at least until your cycles become regular again as that can really tell you when you ovulate. And always insist on using a condom if you want to avoid pregnancy. The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility can really help you avoid pregnancy without the use of hormonal birth control.

Your cycle will probably be irregular for many months to come, and you probably won't ovulate the first cycle. Wait 28 days from your period and take a test.

I didnt have regular cycles after coming off pill for ages, about 7-8 months
x

Iv been on and off the pill for years, trying different ones as some caused sever migrane attacks and i would be in bed for days in pain, Anyways, never had regular cycle and the pills were originally to help sort that, then becaume doubly helpfull when i became sexually active. But by going on and off diff ones all the time - thats how i ended up getting pregnant!

If your not TTC you should use a condom, its the only safe way - i learned that.

I suggest just doing a test in a week or so.... and then going to GP to see if they can do anything to regulate ur cycles. (But the only way or doing that is putting me on a diff pill.. and i got pregnant while on this last pill) but it did regulate me.
my body obv didnt know what the hell was going on!

But if your waiting to become regular before you start trying then the only way is to just wait and your cycles will go into a pattern eventually;just use another form of contraception till then!

we will be using condoms when bubs is here..not going on pill again!! x

well im starting to have some mood swings and mild cramping. still have no clue whats going on.
increase in cm! I give my self about one more week before I test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->