Really scared.. Blister down there. Update..

Kmx

Reaction score
Really scared/ embarrased. I've found what feels like a blister down there. Its not on my vagina more on the top of my leg where it meets my bits. I'm so worried. I have been tested before for stis but not all.. Just done a urine test. All came back fine. I'm so scared I have herpes or it's a wart and could harm the baby. I'm due on Wednesday. I don't know how they test for these infections..? I don't know if it can be found in blood tests or if the check for these in pregnancy as everything has came back fine.

I have a midwife appointmen tomorrow. How the hell do I bring this up? What if it is herpes or something like that? Im so scared really do not know what to do.

I don't think it's a skin tag as i have a few skin tags since becoming pregnant on my boobs but they are Tiny. This is about the size of a finger nail feels like a blister but is not sore. Any advice :-(

Update...
So i went to my midwife on monday and i was her very last appointment. You could tell she was in a rush and she even commented on how late she was running. Anyway i lay down on the table as she was going to listen to heartbeat and i said 'oh i have found what looks like a blister down there and im quite worried' her reply 'im sure its nothing..... ill have a look'.

So anyway listened into baby and then she walked away... i started to get confused.. i.e should i pull down my trousers ect :-S.. she washed her hands and said ok if u want to come over.. i thought 'maybe she wants to update my book before she forgets the numbers ect'.... then she handed me the book and said ok see u later. I was stunned i didnt know what to say really so i just left slightly embarrased as i had worked up the courage to tell her about this blister but she just totally ignored it :-s.....

I tried to get appointment with GP yesterday as it was my due date and i was worried incase i went into labour and it was herpes it could harm my baby if i give birth naturally but they couldnt give me appointment until Friday. I was so angry i just said forget it but i have phoned up this morning as i could hardly sleep with worry and have demanded an emergency appointment. So now i have to go to a doctor who i dont even know is male or female!! and get my bum out bcos this stupid midwife wouldnt look at me! I feel stupid as i know i should have just turned round and said 'excuse me but u said u would look at this'

anyway sorry for going on a bit but just thought i would update. Really nervous about this doctors appointment but i need to know everything is ok before i go into labour. The only thing reassuring me is that there is no pain whatsoever and i think with herpes there is always pain, but i need to get it double checked for piece of mind...

its prob just a skintag or something hun, try and not worry :hugs:

https://www.medicinenet.com/skin_tag/article.htm

they can be kinda big i think.

It's probably hormonal but check with your midwife. Just ask her straight out about it - I assure you she will have seen a lot worse! It will put your mind at rest. If not ask your doctor.

I very much doubt its herpes or a wart if its not actually on ur genitals, but on your leg. Please mention to your mw though as soon as. You will drive yourself mad with worry if you don't. And if it is herpes, that can affect how you give birth. I don't think a vaginal delivery is possible if you have herpes. I'm not sure though. So for peace of mind, defos say to ur mw. Don't be embarrased, she will have seen and heard it all before. And its more than likely nothing to worry about hun x

Thanks everyone. It's not on my leg but not on vagina either more like on my bum cheek but very very low down. I'm going to say to midwife tomorrow and get her to have a look.. Embarrased as I've seen her since I was 8 weeks. They should really run a test on pregnant woman to make sure they don't have any diseases thAt could harm the bAby I think. I had a look in maternity notes And I was checked for syphilis and HIV but nothing else I don't think. I have been checked before for other infections but as I said no swabs just urine so don't know if they would be picked up if it was herpes or so
Something. Dreading tomorrow now :( thanks everyone for ur replies I'll update after appointment x

Can you hold a mirror to it to see its color? A woman posted on here a few days ago reporting a blood blister near her bits. Turns out it was a blood clot and thankful they removed it right away. Not trying to scare you!! Also maybe consider an ingrown hair that hasn't broken through the skin yet our a swollen lymph node. Don't be embarrassed! We all deal with things like this and the nurses, doctors, and midwives have seen and heard it all. Take care and hope all goes well. Xx

I had a similar thing but it was on the edge of my bits. Turned out a little shaving cut had got infected and blistered. SUre you will be fine. It could even be a boil. Although they are usually sore x

I have had little cuts like that from shaving....could that be it?

My friend has herpes, she ended up getting a c-sections cause she was having an outbreak at the time, but apparently you can deliver vaginally IF there is not an outbreak! AND, she said the blisters are VERY VERY painful so I am sure thats not what it is!

Thanks that is very reassuring as there is no pain when I touch it. It's not a cut but doesnt feel like a skin tAg. The only way to describe it is like a blister pain painless. It is smooth until touched then can be moved around.. If that makes sence. It's not like a skin tag in the way that the hang or the texture but I really hope that that's all it is. I could not bare to tell my OH that 1. I had a sti, as he hAs major issues regArding my sexual past and 2. That it could possibly harm our baby. I'm due in like 2 days I cannot believe this :-(. Will post tomorrow after apointment. Genuinley thank u everyone so much for your replies.

Do you think it could be a pimple? I have got a few there and they felt like what you are saying.

Do you have any stretch marks in that area? I developed some stretch marks in my first pregnancy where my leg/groin crease is and the friction of that area would sometimes cause blisters to form. They too were painless and could kind of be moved around, like you described. I haven't had any recently but it's always a possibility since the skin is more delicate/thin from stretch marks. Maybe it could be something similar?

I once had a small hard lump down there. Naturally I totally freaked out and went to see my doctor. She made me feel like a complete idiot dismissing it as 'nothing more than an ingrown hair' in a really cheeky tone! If u ask me its better to be safe than sorry no matter how trivial it seems! She did make me feel silly tho. But when its something to do with ur private parts get it seen to!

Since no pain and you can move it around it sounds like it might just be a cyst.

Update...
So i went to my midwife on monday and i was her very last appointment. You could tell she was in a rush and she even commented on how late she was running. Anyway i lay down on the table as she was going to listen to heartbeat and i said 'oh i have found what looks like a blister down there and im quite worried' her reply 'im sure its nothing..... ill have a look'.

So anyway listened into baby and then she walked away... i started to get confused.. i.e should i pull down my trousers ect :-S.. she washed her hands and said ok if u want to come over.. i thought 'maybe she wants to update my book before she forgets the numbers ect'.... then she handed me the book and said ok see u later. I was stunned i didnt know what to say really so i just left slightly embarrased as i had worked up the courage to tell her about this blister but she just totally ignored it .....

I tried to get appointment with GP yesterday as it was my due date and i was worried incase i went into labour and it was herpes it could harm my baby if i give birth naturally but they couldnt give me appointment until Friday. I was so angry i just said forget it but i have phoned up this morning as i could hardly sleep with worry and have demanded an emergency appointment. So now i have to go to a doctor who i dont even know is male or female!! and get my bum out bcos this stupid midwife wouldnt look at me! I feel stupid as i know i should have just turned round and said 'excuse me but u said u would look at this'

anyway sorry for going on a bit but just thought i would update. Really nervous about this doctors appointment but i need to know everything is ok before i go into labour. The only thing reassuring me is that there is no pain whatsoever and i think with herpes there is always pain, but i need to get it double checked for piece of mind...

That's rubbish service from the midwife! But I really don't think it's herpes as that would be agony (I get coldsores on my lip from time to time n it's the same thing ).

I hope u find out what it is.

Good luck at your gp's. Hope you find out what it is. It doesn't sound like herpes to me but I can understand wanting to rule it out. It could be a blocked sebaceous gland. Just a thought. Let us know how you get on.

Could it b an in grown hair? I found a spot/blister type thing just above my vagina, amongst my pubic hair (sorry for being tmi) and panicked. Dh had a look at it and gave it a wee squeeze. Some pus came out and its now drying out. He is convinced it has been an in grown hair and its now on the mend. It was a wee bit painful but now its fine. Just feels, like a little lump but its slowly getting smaller xxx

i had this and i was really worried i went to my doc and he said it wasnt anything to worry about and it wasnt hepes but i know how much it can be a worry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->