Really scared. Elevated AFP

Missy08

Reaction score
I'm 18+3 and have had somewhat of a rocky pregnancy so far. I tested positive for an anti-body that could cause problems in later pregnancy but, so far, has been fine.

I just got a call from the doctor on blood work I had drawn Monday. She said I had positive AFP levels which means our baby has a 1 in 10 chance of having a neural tube defect like spina bifida. The high risk doctor is supposed to be calling me sometime today to schedule an appointment on Monday. Monday will likely be an ultrasound and amnio...Does anyone have any input on spina bifida, AFP, or amnios? I'm clueless with everything she's told me and am really panicking

I would try not panic beautiful. There is a 9 in 10 chance that your baby is going to be perfectly healthy, Personally I would go with the scan first and see if there are any markers there before going for an amnio, just with the risk of miscarriage associated. <3

Thanks sethsmummy. I have a level 2 scheduled Monday and if that shows something abnormal then I talk to the genetic counselor about what to do next, whether it&#8217;s an amnio or what :(

ask them about the harmony test lovely <3 neural tube defect is not always something major.. it can even be mild autism <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->