Really scared help! TMI!

Chaos knows her stuff - first outbreaks of herpes are horrifically painful but if it was passed on to you through oral sex it is highly unlikely to bother you very much again if you look after yourself. Make sure you get a course of antivirals (usually aciclovir) from week 36 onwards - this will reduce the chance of it being passed to bubba during delivery to virtually none. If your partner has facial coldsores but has never been affected 'downstairs' you will have to be aware that during an outbreak you will be infectious and could pass it on to him through sex xxx

aciclovir yes thats it! lol thank you! It was driving me crazy trying to remember the name of it :)

I also think that a first ever bout of actual genital herpes is a lot more painful than shingles be honest, I work for a Homopathic Dr.
For her first out break (that coupled with a fever) she needs a slightly more aggressive approach to treatment, more so if she ends up with a pee infection and her immune system is gonna be battered at the moment.
This is coming from someone that hates taking drugs too. Homeopathic treatments are good for following outbreaks because you can take things to help prevent it.

Generally, an outbreak like the one you are having (very painful, flu like symptoms etc) occurs not long after infection (within a week).

Yup, I started having the flu like symptoms with in 3 days and the out break at 5 days. You might wanna get your partner to go to the gum clinic with you to get checked or ask him if he has mouth cold sores at any point in his life.

whats worse is i hadnt had sex at all the whole first 13 weeks as i had this fear it would cause a problem then i did once and this is what happened i'm gutted wish i could turn back the clock now

Oh sweetie - no point thinking like that - you just have to be brave and make sure you get the right advice and treatment from your doc. And a long sit down chat with the man involved in all this as well xxx

ok, this is just the thread i was looking for and although its kinda old, i just wanted to thank you ladies for asking my q's and giving lots of advice! i have had herpes for a couple of yrs now and had that AWFUL flu-like feeling and PAIN like i've never had before down there (could barely sit or walk) on my first outbreak... was told by my gp that i'd likely had it for some time as it can sit dormant in women for up to 10 yrs...

i'm not pg yet, but ttc and have a big fear of getting an outbreak during pg... how did you treat outbreaks during pg? i know you can't take the meds (i take valtrex) so did you find other ways for making the outbreak stop? anyone with herpes given birth already and did you have a c-section or vaginal birth? thanks ladies :)

i believe if you have an outbreak at time of birth you have a c section as its less risk to baby.

thanks flower01 i know i've heard that too... i was just wondering if anyone here had firsthand experience to share. :)

Hey sweetie

No firsthand experience as such but have done midwifery training and have had experience of a few girls delivering with it.

During pregnancy, you are safe to have the antiviral drug aciclovir. C-section is usually only recommended if you are suffering from a first infection at time of delivery. If you have a recurrent outbreak at delivery, you may have IV antivirals and your baby will have them after birth too if you do not opt for a section.
Common practice is to take aciclovir during the last 4 weeks of pregnancy, and baby is likely to have some immunity to it through your blood (while you never get rid of the virus, outbreaks become less painful and less frequent over time as you build up defences to it) so the risk of transmission is practically nil.

Lots of women with herpes have perfectly healthy babies, so please dont scare yourself with too much googling xxx

thank you so much booflebump! i know that herpes is super common and i hoped that not all those women had to have a c-section... thanks for the info :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->