really stuck on 70th present for FIL

catty

Reaction score
As title says im trying to find a present for my FIL's 70th. I dont no of much hobbies he has and he does not have a garden. The only thing I can think is a nice whisky but think that could be pretty boring. Every year we get him the same sort of things aftershave sets, alcohol, chocolates, slippers and want to get him something a bit more special this time.

Any ideas?

Can you not ask OH of any hobbies he might have or had in the past and then take it from there? Men are so difficult to buy pressies for! My grandad is in his 70s and we just end up buying him aftershave and whiskey... I know it's boring but I also know it's something he will get use out of :)

How about getting a portrait done for him of his grandchildren?

My Dad will be 50 in April so my sister and I are taking our LO's to a studio and having a picture taken of them together with my niece holding a sign saying "Happy 50th Birthday Grandad!" and having it blown up on canvass for him, along with a few other not so personal gifts. We're also taking him to Diggerland because he is such a child. Lol. We also struggle with gift ideas as he isn't materialistic at all and is happier with a card than what a teenage girl is with a credit card. Lol.

My Grandmother will be 80 in 2015 and we will be doing something similar as the portrait then too.

I once got my grandad an engraved tankard for his birthday. I got it online and was covered in images of London (which means something to us as all our days out when I was a kid was doing touristy stuff in London) and then i got some words put in too, he loved it. Now he's 93 he only wants consumables so we won't have to take it back when he's gone (his words!!)

Thanks for the ideas! I couldnt get a nice picture of all the kids in time so I have got a calender with pics of all the grandkids and were going to get him a cheese hamper and a granda mug. Thanks for the ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"