Really touching story

L

Lena

This really touched me and I thought you ladies might appreciate this. :flower:

https://midlifearmywife.com/blog/2011/01/03/to-the-woman-with-the-autistic-child-at-walmart/

I actually got the link from here
https://www.parentsconnect.com/articles/reach-out-to-struggling-mom.jhtml

That brought a tear to my eye, having been in the same situation with my daughter in supermarkets it's hard not to lose your temper! but that passage just emphasises how much love and care they need to feel safe and strong!

Thank you for sharing it

It made me cry and I don't have any experience of autism myself. But I see the disapproving looks when a child is acting up - to me I just see ignorance in their eyes, and I wonder how they would cope in the same situation. I wish their were more people out there who took the time to care.

made me cry, thanks you for sharing, i posted it on my fb, sometimes i feel that even friends n family dont understand really

Oh wow. I cried! It feels good to know that there are people in the store who may not be judging and staring when things like that happen. I had an experience at Sears not too long ago shopping with my family. We had gone to the kids section to look for pants for Ian my oldest with asperger's. They happened to have a toy train set sitting out in a clearance area (still $150 mind you) and Ian wanted it as trains are his favorite things. We told him no and why the answer was no and he lost it. Complete meltdown.

As if this wasn't bad enough, we had to navigate through the tools section to get back to our car and they happened to be demonstrating one of those automatic hammers. It's like a thing you put over the nail and it pummels it in for you. VERY loud. Every time they would demonstrate he would do this high pitched scream and freak out even more! So we ended up having to get on the floor in the appliance area with me on top of Ian rocking and squeezing until he was calm enough to leave. It took about 15 minutes. There must have been 50 people who walked by and looked at us like we were nuts, but not one offered encouragement or a smile.

It really does make a difference to be kind.

Adanma

Wow Adanma, so sorry to hear your experience at Sears. Glad this story has made you feel not so alone. Your children are both gorgeous. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->