Really Upset by OH's nan :'(

N

Nade..Tadpole

She asked if we were finding out the gender... I said yes..
Then OH's cousin said 'oh have you told nan the names youve chosen'
I then told her and her response was..

How aweful!! Hate it! I was hoping youd have a girl but now i want a boy.. I like the name Freddie but calling a child Elsie-May is cruel!
If anyone was to ask me what her name was I'd lie and say Ellie ir something..
What a poot child.. The only Elsie's i knew when i was little were r€t@rds and invalids...

She went on for about 15minutes before OH's cousin said. Okay stop now..

She then told OH to 'work on me' and make sure if we have a girl it has a nice name and not one that will get her bullied.. :|

She's really upset me :( my nan doesnt like it but all she said was 'i dont think im that keen as its a name from my generation..' which was fair enough... Because i cant imagine calling a baby a name from mine or my mums generation.. Ykwim?
Think there was just no need :cry:
Xx

:hugs:
I cant believe she jumped on you like that! Especially since you're carrying her great grandchild!
Elsie-May is a lovely, lovely name. Dont listen to her! If she doesnt like it then she can gtfo.
xx

How rude...She does know that kids get bullied for all sorts of things right? Or at least in the US they do. I happen to like the name, it's not a common one at all which I like even more. Either way ignore her, this is your child you can use whatever name you want and if she doesn't like it then forget her.

I LOVE the name Elsie-May. Just ignore her :hugs: noone in our families liked our name choices either but we kept with them as we still loved both names. As long as you and OH are happy with the names noone else's opinion matters. :flow:

Oh wow nade i'm so sorry but she is a b***h , that is just plain horrible regardless of how she felt about the name she didn't have to be so cruel about it. Especially saying that it's only "invalid" children that have that name:gun:argh that is so horrid ! And also, i know many girls called Elsie, actually i had 4 girls in my year at school called Elsie.

If that was me i would have went crazy at her but well done for not snapping back at her, at least you were the mature on and let her have her opinion but forget what she says, it's your child,not hers. I hope you do have a girl now just to annoy her, god that's so nasty:growlmad:!!!!

Also, I LOVE the name Elsie, it's so unique i think and i like old fashioned names better than original modern names :flower:.

Sorry she was so horrible, do what you want not what she thinks is best.

xx

I know.. Kids can be cruel.. So no matter what something will be said to any child kwim?
OH used to get 'Rossi Syner has a vagina' ... Lol! :haha:

Im suprised i didnt snap the mood she put me in. And not being very well either..
Its just a good job ive been brought up to respect my elders cause if it was someone my age i woulda tols her to boil her head :growlmad:
OH's dad knows she upset me cause i said so on the way home.. He appologised on her behalf and said 'she can be like that. She doesnt no when to stop'.. Got a feeling he'll have a word :/

Just found her really rude.. I wouldnt tell her i hated the names she called her children :/
She then went on to say she was jelous, she wishes it was her baby :|
Xx

:dohh: Some people are just daft..
Alot of my family keep babies names a secret until they're born, because most people wont tak bad about the name of someone who is here. Iykwim?

I'm sure if your LO is a girl, when she's here your OH's Nan will be saying, "I cant imagine her having any other name than Elsie-May.."
xx

that is very rude of her!
my mum were like that when i told her the name i'd picked she said it sounded like 'something ugly with horns' :( just ignore her Elsie is a beautiful name :)

Ignore her. Thats just plain rude.

I love Elsie-May. Tis very pretty :flow:

I personally think its pretty darn cute, i love how the old names are coming back.
Hopefully once you have the baby she wont be so hard up about it. I know that some of my family wont like my names but fuck them.
This is exactly why i refuse to tell people my names :hugs:

OMG, that is soo rude :O even i feel offended! haha :') hope ur ok! i think no matter what the name, she shouldn't say anything like that, i love the name- tbh it's my back up name if we think our LO doesn't suit Mia-Renae, because i love the name Elsie and it's my Great Grandma's name and she reallly is one of the most lovliest people you could ever meet. I hate it when people are rude about name choices, and the way people even pull a face sometmes when you tell them the name! :growlmad: xx

So sorry you've been upset like this. Elsie May is a beautiful name. A lot of the older names are making a comeback. I know how you feel as my mother apparently hates the name we've picked for our daughter, Jessica Eris. She has really taken against the name Jessica and reckons she will be bullied at school with a name like that.

Seems some people think getting older gives them an excuse to simply be rude.

Jessica is a lovely name.. I see no reason why you'd get bullied for being called Jessica :wacko:
But i dont see any reason Elsie-May would get bullied..
After all this i bet im having a boy!! Hope i have a girl just the pee her off!
Regardless my first born girl will be called Elsie-May because i love it :flower:
Xx

i dont think elsie is an old fashioned name...well not here anyways

elsie is a nice name but i will say though i have an old fashioned name and i grew up hating my name just because of that fact and still do to this very day

There are no Elsie's where i live... I like old and unusual names..
I love my name as ive never met anyone with it :)
Hope if i have a girl she wont hate her name :/
Xx

She wont hate her name it's nice to have an unusual name or even just a name noone else you know has... I was actually upset that there was another Josephine in my secondary school and was over the moon when she left!

That was a bit harsh . I think the name Elsie-May is Beautiful=)

She wont hate her name it's nice to have an unusual name or even just a name noone else you know has... I was actually upset that there was another Josephine in my secondary school and was over the moon when she left!

Yeh i like that im the only Sinead ive ever met :)
Really hoping for a girl now lol xx

Yeh i like that im the only Sinead ive ever met :)
Really hoping for a girl now lol xx

If you have a girl she will definitely love being called Elsie :)

Even i'm starting to think you're having a girly now :haha: not long now and you'll know!!! now that i know the sex of mine i havent got anything to look forward to for a while so keep getting overly excited for everyone else :blush: :haha:

How rude!

My family reacted the same way to my LO's name. :wacko: My aunt is a second grade teacher and got them to stop it. According to her older names like Elsie, Helen, Nora, and Judy are making a comeback so I wouldn't pay what she said about bullying any mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->