Really upset :-(

floofymad

Mummy to munchkini
Reaction score
DH has usually been quite good so far, but today he's really upset me. I've got a really bad cold and sore throat etc and haven't slept for 2 nights (can never sleep when I'm ill :shrug:) At lunchtime today I felt so ill, I actually started crying. DH started shouting at me and saying it was the same as him having a cold and I needed to man up. This made me worse, so I started coughing loads and then was sick. He then stormed off and said I didn't deserve any sympathy cause I went to work yesterday. :cry: I only went in, cause I woke up with the cold and thought I'd see how I went. If this gets worse, I'll need to take time off later when I'm even worse. I work in a school and it's not easy just to be off....
He's not speaking to me now.

I feel so ill and miserable. Sorry to winge. I hate feeling like this and not being able to take anything. Don't understand why he has to shout at me and make it worse.

Men do not have a clue. They also forget there is nothing we can take. I was really ill the other week and all OH did was moan I kept him awake with my coughing. Well EXCUSE ME for being ill. They p**s me off soooooooo much. They don't understand so they should keep their opinions to themselves! :growlmad:

Hope you feel better soon. Just ignore him and concentrate on getting better.

just wanted to offer you a hug, hope you feel better soon xx

That is utterly unreasonable you poor thing!! When you are pregnant you get hit with bugs much harder than when you aren't and then to add to the misery you can't take anything for it either!! He should "man up" and take proper care of his pregnant lady like a real man should.

Don't forget you can use paracetamol for your temp, olbas oil for the congestion and hot honey and lemon for your cough and sore throat. Personally I don't really like honey and lemon so I use really strong hot diluted juice which helps a little and is really comforting.

I hope you feel better soon!!

god, imagine how sympathetic he's going to be when you are post-labour :wacko: I think you need to nip this in the bud hun. and i found the best thing everrrrr for a cold was hot water with a slice of lemon and a spoonful of honey. the honey soothes and the lemon kills bacteria. hope u feel better very soon :hugs:

I made it worse. I texted my friend earlier to tell her what he'd done but was so tired I accidentally texted it to him. I didn't call him any names or anything but was just upset about why he's being like this. He hasn't spoken to me for 5 hours and now refuses to look at me as well. Feel so stupid, have never sent a text to the wrong person before. :-(

We haven't got much food in to eat and I'm too bad to go out and get anything. Think we might have some Ginger and lemon herbal tea but that's it.

Good golly what is wrong with the man?! I don't understand at all why he would shout at you! And as for man up, that is laughable! The saying should be woman up as we are much tougher on pain than men. It is women who give birth, not men and if it were to suddenly switch, the human race would die out. :hugs:

How immature and rude of him!
It's not the same thing, because not only do you have to deal with having a miserable cold, but you also can't take anything for it and have all kinds of pregnancy stuff to deal with on top of that!!
Tell him next time he has a cold not to take any meds, stop sleeping for a few days and see how he feels!

I've had a terrible cold for 2 weeks and DH had been awesome, he's felt so bad for how miserable I was

Men are idiots! Well not all of course. My DH is a complete whiner when he gets his man cold but he is great when I'm sick. Men have no idea what it's like to be pregnant w a mini baby using us as a punching bag, not able to take any DECENT meds to get better and sleep is already hard to come by and to top it off, we have an insane dose of hormones on top. It's a wonder we don't kill them all when they pull the "man up" card.

I just got over a cold and I loved the neti pot/neti spray bottle. It's basically a squeeze bottle filled with warm water and salt solution that helps clear out the nasal passages and helps you breathe better at night. Also reduces the chance of a sinus infection when you have a nasty cold. Good luck with the idiot husband!

Geeze he sounds like he is being pretty heartless and mean! Id go off my head at my husband if he treated me like this. And then id just ignore him completely as well. Dont worry about sending that text to him by mistake, you have every right to turn to your friends in your time of need. He's being a prick to you and you are seeking support!

Id tell him to grow up personally and just ignore him. He owes you an apology.

Thanks everyone. Well he's still ignoring me this morning. I'm getting so upset about it. I hardly slept again last night and my throat is worse this morning. I also projectile vomited last night all over the bedroom and bathroom without any warning at all!
Part of me thinks I should go and apologise for sending the text and then maybe we'll get started actually speaking, but he started this and was being all mean and nasty rather than looking after me.
I'm pretty scared this is going to go on for ages now. He works away so he'll be leaving today/tonight and then I probably won't hear from him for days.. :-(

Maybe a few days space will do you both good. It might make him think what a dick he has been and give you some room to get better and just relax. Men are stupid and don't really understand anything unless it happens to them... then its 100000x worse than what it actually is. He probably feels that he has been immature but if he is a headstrong man then he won't be apologising any time soon.
Personally I'd let him go away and just sort it out when he gets back when you both are feeling a bit better. :hugs:

Probably the sooner he leaves the better off you'll be hun. It sounds like you're really not well at all so you don't need him around making you feel miserable. It's not like he's exactly looking after you like he should be, so he should just bugger off! xx

Oh dear Hun, im sorry that you are ill and its by far worse when your pregnant. He needs to grow up and stop acting like a petulant child. You have done nothing wrong so don't you say sorry. I hope you get better soon xxxxx

Oh what a nightmare!! He will come round when he's had time to think about how stupid he has been. He has been completely out of line, men are complete donuts at times.

On another note, if you are still being sick and not keeping things down after 24 hours it might be worth giving the MWs a call and getting their advise, you don't want to end up dehydrated.

Worry about yourself first and foremost. Maybe give NHS direct a call especially if you have sickness as well as the cold symptoms, they can give you advice on what to take and tell you if you need to see anyone. As for your OH he's being completely unreasonable and if he's going to act so childishly then you're better off with him out of the house. Have you got any friends or family nearby who can get you some supplies or failing that can you do an online grocery order?

Really? It's no worse than when he has a cold? How about he tries to carry the next one then, and ends up ill without being able to take the simplest medication: lempsip. I'm sorry, but even if he was in the right here (which from what you describe, he clearly isn't) seeing his pregnant partner ill and exhausted should be enough to soften his heart up and pamper you.

I'm sorry, posts like this make me SO EFFING MAD. Let him go. He obviously expects you to come around and apologise. If his ego is so big that he prefers to torture a pregnant woman, carrying his own baby, then perhaps you need to make it clear to him that he's not being the greatest partner, or father for that matter, at the moment.

:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

You just made me cry La Rockera, I know you're right. I also know what he'll say though and why this is all my fault. He'll say that by texting my friend I was 'playing the victim' which is what he says all women do and he can't stand it.

He's actually sitting on the sofa near me, but refuses to even look in my direction. You'd think I'd cheated on him or something, the way he's acting..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->