Really want another baby

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by Little nic, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Little nic

Little nic Well-Known Member

Hi ladies ,I have a little boy who will be 2 in November ,and I'll be 36 at the end of the year.im having such strong feelings of wanting another baby and my age is on my mind(wouldn't want to be much older having more babies).
    The big issue is can we afford it?my partner would like another but says we can't afford it.
    I currently work 30 hours a week and we are comfortable financially ,if I did have another child,does anyone know what help we would be entitled too,my partners wage isn't great???
    Xx

2. MellyH

MellyH Pregnant (Twins!)

I don't know about the UK at all sorry, but I would sit down and do a budget. Work out what your monthly bills are, how long you would take maternity leave for, and how much savings you would need to bridge the gap. If it's the sort of savings you could knuckle down and build up in a year or two, then I would go for it!!

3. MissN8

MissN8 Well-Known Member

i agree with the other poster, if you can afford to save for when you are off on m leave then go for it. you are still young to have another child even in a few years time.