Really want to start

IronDaughter

Reaction score
I just found out a couple of weeks ago that a friend of mine is pregnant, and it's been making me really think. I've been wanting to try for a while, but since I found out I can't stop thinking about it, I see babies absolutely everywhere. We have two sons, and due to me being young and stupid, and having pretty bad PND they both live with their grandparents, and my husband is worried about what they will do if I got pregnant, we don't know if they will use my history against me. I really don't know what to do, I understand where he is coming from, but it really hurts that it seems like that one choice is going to stop me from living my life and move forward.

Are social services still involved? Are you still suffering with depression?
I would expect that if you can prove to social services that you are healthy and in a good situation they wouldn't use your history against you, but would probably keep an eye on you to check you are ok.
I obviously don't know much about the circumstances though, depends on what happened with your sons I suppose.

If you have 2 children who you are no longer able to care for, a husband who is concerned about having another child, and dealing with depression and fear of people taking another baby away, this may not be the best point in your life to think about having another child. Care for yourself first and foremost!

If you and your partner aren't sure you're ready yet, even if you're feeling broody now, what about focusing your efforts on re-connecting with your kids and trying to find a way to make it possible for them to live with you again? That might heal some of the hurt from losing them and also give you a chance to work out if you're ready to parent another baby too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->