really worried about contractions- please help!

samah

pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hi All,
I really hope some of you might be able to help me out.

Since my fifth month, in fact soon after I started feeling baby's movements, i also started experiencing what i believe are braxton-hicks contractions every few days, though it took me a few weeks to discover this as I initally thought the unpleasant tight contractions were part of baby's movements. however, i was reassured when i found out that they can start so early and my midwife did not seem too concerned. but since the sixth month started, ive noticed the contractions getting more frequent, like every day or so, and since ive been travelling the last week, theyve increased even more. Today i think i actually mustve experienced contractions like 10-15 times all day, sometimes just half n hr apart.

Predominantly everyone tells me its likely due to exertion, and/or dehydration which i admit have been factors since travelling, but i am trying hard to rectify both but contractions are still getting more n more frequent daily.

I am very worried, as i dont have access to my midwife or anyone, and when i ask other ppl, no one seems to remember when they started experiencing contractions and how frequently. I dont know whether i need to rush to emergency, or whether i can wait to travel back next week to UK and see my midwife, or if i shud get an appointment to see an OBs while abroad.

Any advice, suggestions, experiences, would be welcome.

thanks in advance.

no replies at all :(

really hope to hear from someone soon

If you are over exerting, dehydrated or traveling you not only can cause contractions but you can cause preterm labor. I would most def drink 4-6 glasses of luke warm water (quicker when not cold) lay on your left side and if they do not go away you can rule out dehydration. I would def watch those contractions. You are still early and the best thing to do is to see a doctor.

i agree 2 see a doc hun once uv tried drinkin tonnes of water! ur still very early n dont wanna chance it bein startin!

but do try and take things slow coz ur body is working overtime as it is!

xx

I think it would put your mind at rest to see someone.
I have read about women going through this and it can be just normal, I've read about people who say they are really painful when all the books say they arent and they have been checked out and are fine, but still... you are just going to worry untill you speak to someone I think, so I say no harm in getting checked out. xx

I started having BH when I was about 21 weeks, and I get them frequently. Sometimes 2 or 3 in an hour, most mornings before I get out of bed, and again when I go to bed....I spoke to my MW and she said this is ok. Although if I were you I would still try to see a MW or GP to put your mind at rest :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->