Really worried - severe lack of movement - **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by clarabella, Sep 3, 2009.

1. clarabella

clarabella DH, DD & 2 cats!

Hello ladies,

Yesterday i had really bad tummy pains, which i thought were maybe braxton hicks (made a post about it).. anyway, my little man was still active so i wasn't overly concerned about the pains too much. Anyway, i've barely felt him move at all today, and i'm getting sooo worried. Have just called mw, and she said that i can call up and get checked over, but to have something to eat for dinner first to see if it gets him moving. Thing is, it's my daughters birthday today, and i've eaten lots of cake which would normally get him wriggling, but it hasn't :cry:.. I have felt ever so slight taps a few times today, but nothing in the last few hours..:cry::cry:.. i;m really worried about going to see mw now incase it's bad news, and there was something wrong last night which i ignored :cry:...

At 28 weeks, i didn't think they would have days as quiet as this?? Has anyone had a really quiet day this late on and everything been ok?

Oh god, i'm getting myself so worked up, and i'm going to have to wait for my mum to finish work to come and look after my little girl before i go as i don't really want to take her with me...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

UPDATE:

Thank you so much for all your reassuring replies, it means so much to be able to come on here and get sound advice/reassurance.

After i ate my dinner, still no movements, had a fizzy drink, and still nothing, so i was getting myself in a state. I went up and was put on a monitor thingy, to monitor his movements/hb. I nearly burst into tears when i heard his hb and mw said she could see the instant relief on my face! Had the monitor on for 20 minutes, and i swear he did it to annoy me, but he kicked me to bits for those 20 minutes! Making me out to be a liar!! I was soooo relieved though, and am happy i went to get the reassurance. Since i've come home, he's gone quiet again, but at least i know he's ok, and having a quiet day. I asked about counting movements and mw said that what's more important is to monitor what's normal for me as an individual, so today definately wasn't normal, so am pleased i got checked. Phew..

Thanks again ladies xxx :hugs:

2. craftymum

craftymum Mum to Jacob and Jenna

I had a day around your stage where I hardly felt anything and was really worrying but the next day I was getting kicked in all directions but it wouldn't do any harm if you're really worried to get checked out x

3. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

Do go and get checked out, they will put u on the monitor for a little while. I had a week of very little movement a few weeks ago, and i went and got monitored, the machine picked up some movements that i couldnt feel, it was so reassuring. Please go and get checked.

4. bananatea

bananatea Well-Known Member

At 28 weeks exactly I had 2 days of hardly any movement. I went to get monitored and had scan and all was fine. Baby was just having a lazy day.On the scan she was kicking, but I still didn't feel it. But best to reassure yourself. x

5. ellie

ellie Mum to Kalden

I had a few days at the weekend/beginning of the week where there was barely anything, as it was a bank holiday i was away and then when i got home managed to convince myself that no one would be there or it would be too busy and i was being silly, but i was beside myself and a wreck. Luckily it picked up, but I saw my mw today and had 2 of them in the room (!) both saying that if I don't feel anything for a day I MUST ring the ward, even if it's just to speak to someone. I feel a bit silly doing it (I did it a few weeks ago) like I'm over worrying, but they said that no one minds and some people need to be reassured or checked more than others so they're all used to it. Do give the ward a ring (the mw's told me to just ring direct if I want) and see what they say. :hugs:

6. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

since 30 weeks roughly my LO has stopped kicking as much and only riggles or turns, some days i can go ages without feeling him and then he will become active. My movements are def not as much as they were a few weeks back and i am getting used to feeling the 'churning' feeling that lets me know he is moving about.

Always though when in doubt just go to hospital and get checked out, could be baby has moved position and this is why you arnt feeling him as much. The fact you have felt some taps is reassuring as some times this is all i can feel too xx

7. bloodbinds

I go through none movement usually every other day - one day she is wriggling around and the next - no matter what i do - she wont move at all.
    But it's different for different people and at this stage it's better to get checked out x

8. DizzyMoo

DizzyMoo Guest

Hun they do have quieter days & some days you might not feel as much as other days, my bump certainly does, my 1st bump did & a lot of ladies on here will tell you there babies have quiet moments. So the fact you have felt something a few times today is enough imo. Of course if you really are worried then go get checked out for your own sanity. xx

9. pkbaby

pkbaby 1st trimester

I had the odd day of quiet back then, but go listen to his heartbeat. It will make you feel better hun

10. Maffie

Maffie Guest

I've had days of less movement and always get checked out. I usually eat something sweet and then drink a very cold fizzy drink. Then go lie down on your left side for 20 minutes or so and see if you can feel anything. If you have any doubts go get checked out hun

:hugs:

11. soootired

soootired Well-Known Member

I hope all goes ok, i am sure it will but always worth checking. Probably just having a lazy day, we all have them.

12. Cut3ne55

Cut3ne55 Mummy to Evie

i had a couple of days when i was 28 weeks and i didnt hardly feel lil one move and i got myself really worked up and anxious so went up to maternity to get checked over. They did the heartbeat and it was fine and sods law she started kicking loads as soon as i got there. lol try not to worry you have had some movements so baby might just be having a lazy day! x x

13. harmonybunny

harmonybunny Mummy to Murphy

If in doubt it's best to get yourself checked even if it's just for the sake of you own sanity. I had a really quiet day a few weeks ago, had myself really stressed and called the midwife. I was checked over and everything was just fine. I felt really embarrassed, like i had wasted her time but the midwife was really reassuring and told me that it's always best to get these things checked out.

14. DiddyDons

DiddyDons Guest

Please go and get checked out x x x

15. Tilly

Tilly Guest

With both of my pregnancies i've had quiet days and then days when they're going mad. This one has got me worrying loads! i've been crying some days, terrified something bad has happened.. then out of no where I have been getting huge kicks.

See your midwife if it will put your mind at ease.. try laying in different positions, wriggling about and doing a soft tap and wiggles on your tummy - these seem to work for me.

16. KaeRit21

KaeRit21 Guest

if ur really worried get checked hun but chances are bubs is having a quiet day...i made a post on here last week about the exact same thing....

everything will be fine :)

xxxx

17. soootired

soootired Well-Known Member

Glad to hear hes ok, i recon they just like winding us up lol.

18. Duffy

Duffy Well-Known Member

Glad everything turned out okay sweetie!

19. dom85

dom85 Mum of 2, 3rd on the way

Glad everything is ok hun.

My little man does this as well, I've had a few instances where he'll be really quiet all day and then just when I'm about to ring the midwife he'll start moving around again. I think he does it just to make sure I'm paying attention.

He either loves or hates the doppler though, every time I go to the midwife or consultant and they put it on my belly he kicks at it and rolls around.

As long as you know his patterns and what is normal for him then my midwife told me that that was more important than anything

20. harmonybunny

harmonybunny Mummy to Murphy

Great to hear that all is fine xx