Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

I've never tried either of the seats you've mentioned, but I know that the Britax Multi Tech will fit in a Honda Jazz (well, fit in terms of room, the seatbelts don't allow it to be installed safely, if you get what I mean).

Have you looked at videos of both to see which one you prefer the look of?

I am slightly biased as I bought my seat from carseat.se, I would really rate Hakan's advice. If he says it will fit your car, the chances are that it will fit you car. Have you asked if he has any pics of the Hi Way in a car of a similar size to yours?

Thanks for this thread, and im really pleased that www.carseat.se has been mentioned. I have mailed Hakan a couple of times and he has given me lots of advice about what seats would be best for our car. We have a 2008 focus estate and had already tried a britax multi tech, but I wasn't happy with how far forward the passenger seat had to go - there was barely any room for me, and im only 5ft 3 plus im pregnant so I don't want to be sitting so far forward.
I contacted Hakan and explained this and he suggested the britiax hi-way instead as it is a better choice for smaller cars, and would allow more room. I have found this seat for sale from both the www.carseat.se website, and also this website: https://www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk...ducts_id/48?osCsid=7isl5evn913c7mbhpgmoo0o040

Im a bit confused though, as both websites say something different about the weight limits, one says its suitable from 9-18kg, the other 0-25kg. Are they different seats, as they look the same to me? I would prefer to buy from the UK as it would save me £30 postage from Sweden, but if I can't work it out then I will order the one from www.carseat.se as it has a bigger weight limit. Hope someone can help! :)

Carseat.se is correct about the weight limit, however it is the same seat which the incar safety centre is selling, so all I can think is that they got the weight wrong! Probably stems from the fact that ERF seats tend to either be birth-18kg, or 9-25kgs, and someone got confused somewhere.

I had a look at the manual (link is on the carseat.se page) and it not only confirms that the seat is 0-25kg (groups 0 to 2), but it also calls the seat the Secura Hi-Way in the manual :)

Hope that helps!

Carseat.se is correct about the weight limit, however it is the same seat which the incar safety centre is selling, so all I can think is that they got the weight wrong! Probably stems from the fact that ERF seats tend to either be birth-18kg, or 9-25kgs, and someone got confused somewhere.

I had a look at the manual (link is on the carseat.se page) and it not only confirms that the seat is 0-25kg (groups 0 to 2), but it also calls the seat the Secura Hi-Way in the manual :)

Hope that helps!

Thankyou :flower: Money is extreamly tight at the moment but I couldn't forgive myself if we didn't get this seat then had an accident. Will be ordering it tomorrow :)

Hope that helps!

Thankyou :flower: Money is extreamly tight at the moment but I couldn't forgive myself if we didn't get this seat then had an accident. Will be ordering it tomorrow :)

:hugs:

Glad I was able to help, and that's good to know that the seat can be bought for that price too :)

Shame the Multi-Tech wasn't an option for you as well. I can only hope that if more word gets out about the Volvo version being £100 less than the Britax branded seat, it'll force prices down.

This is something I have been trying to get across to my sister for a while now, that rear facing really is best.

She has both her 1 year olds in front facing and it really does worry me.

One thing that she always says to me with regard to having a 3-4 year old rear facing is where do the legs go?!! I must admit I have no reply to that, but hope you ladies do as rear facing is something I desperately want when the time comes for my little one.

Here's a pic of my LO in her BeSafe IZI Combi Isofix X3 at about 9 months (but she's very tall for her age):

https://i31.tinypic.com/347wh0y.jpg

As you can see, she has miles of space! She's now 16 months old (and the size of an average 2 year old) and still has plenty of room to stretch her legs out straight in front of her. When she gets older, she will have to bend her legs but that's actually a very good position to sit in. Sitting on a chair with your legs at a right angle to your body and bent down at the knees is a very unnatural position, that's why there are all those weird and wonderful computer chairs available to correct how you sit. It's much better to sit with your legs naturally spread and bent gently.

Yes I see what you mean ... Was her seat very expensive?

She's gorgeous by the way, such an old fashioned face... reminds me of the little girls they used to use on the Pears Soap adverts, they were all classically beautiful.

She's gorgeous by the way, such an old fashioned face... reminds me of the little girls they used to use on the Pears Soap adverts, they were all classically beautiful.

I think it was about £280, so yes quite expensive but I think it's worth it, especially as it will last her till she's about 4 and we plan to use it for the next child too.

And thank you, I think that's the nicest thing I've ever had said about her!

Hope that helps!

Glad I was able to help, and that's good to know that the seat can be bought for that price too :)

Shame the Multi-Tech wasn't an option for you as well. I can only hope that if more word gets out about the Volvo version being £100 less than the Britax branded seat, it'll force prices down.

where where where, where can you get the Multitech from volvo and £100 cheaper, that might be feasible for us then, id love to rf the boys currently only EJ is but id love to rf Nate if i could

I think it was about £280, so yes quite expensive but I think it's worth it, especially as it will last her till she's about 4 and we plan to use it for the next child too.

And thank you, I think that's the nicest thing I've ever had said about her!

You're very welcome :flower:

I am very stuck on the infant carriers, been trying to find safety reviews on sites but all I keep getting are reviews by mothers... hardly the same thing!

I think I might have to sign up to Which? for a month and have a look at their reviews to give myself piece of mind.

hun i have the britax first class + which is a erf seat that goes from birth to 13 kg rearfacing, we didnt have it till EJ was 9kg though lol we had a M&P Viaggo? not sure on spelling its the one they do to combi onto the Ultima pram system though lol, we brought the isofix base for it to make it more secure

I am certain my sister has just bought a Britax First Class + for one of the twins .... I see on the Mothercare site it says it's suitable for newborns. Wouldn't it be a bit too upright though?

I am mega worrying over seats as my Nan told me she'd bought me the Silver Cross Ventura to go with my Sleepover Pram, I was over the moon... till I found out today it's second hand. I just can't use it :nope: so am wracking my brains now as to which infant seat is best, I know they vary greatly safety wise.

when its rearfacing its no more upright than a standard infant seat hang on im sure i have a pic somewhere

ahh, yep, that does make sense, gives that painful 'top rope' (as we call it) that you have to manoeuvre the baby over.
i did solve this problem with my britax firstclass by fitting it in the centre rear seat which according to VW is the safest place to fit it as it has a full adult 3 point belt there so long as its not affected by pushing on other carseats , its handy caus i can access it from the passenger side of the car meaning the seatbelt is on the other side of the seat so not in the way for putting EJ in and out, now i just have to figure out how to get Nate to keep his hands to himself and out of EJ's seat lol

i'll have to dig it out tomorrow hun its on the other computer lol

Hope that helps!

where where where, where can you get the Multitech from volvo and £100 cheaper, that might be feasible for us then, id love to rf the boys currently only EJ is but id love to rf Nate if i could

You just have to ring your local Volvo dealership and they can order it in for you. I think the part number is in this thread somewhere; they probably won't know about it unless you can give them that.

Any Volvo dealer who can order parts can order the seat for you. The Volvo part number is: 31320139. It might've gone up slightly now with the VAT increase, but we got it for £150 a few weeks ago. It's £250 on www.securatot.co.uk (not sure if that includes shipping) and a staggering £312 shipped from carseat.se!

Any Volvo dealer who can order parts can order the seat for you. The Volvo part number is: 31320139. It might've gone up slightly now with the VAT increase, but we got it for £150 a few weeks ago. It's £250 on www.securatot.co.uk (not sure if that includes shipping) and a staggering £312 shipped from carseat.se!
OMG thank you so much hunni

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->