Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

I have been doing a lot of research over the past couple of day with regard to which car seat to get for her and I really do not like what I read about newborns and infant carriers :nope:

I was really liking the idea of the Britax Baby Safe carry cot style one, but when it then said it would need the use of two three point seat belts... well, that idea went out the window!

So just when I thought all hope was lost I cam across this seat ... https://www.carseatinfo.co.uk/index.cfm?sid=19086&pid=292367&item=29714

I got a bit more excited when I saw that it was quite reasonable priced also (£140 - 170) but then almost pee'd myself when I saw it on Bambino Direct for just £76 with free delivery!!!

So, out came the credit card and it's on it's way. PANIC OVER! :winkwink:

And a YT video about it, if anyone else is thinking of purchasing one.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwW4zUYFdc

anyone got any experience to share on the Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL? Is the only erf carseat I can find over here. I couldn't even import one if I wanted to, as they need to have NZ certification, so it's the only option I have really. Just wanted some reviews from real mums - pros, cons? :flower:

That's the one I have:) that pic I posted on the last page is Hayden's. We love it! But in some cars it is hard to install and has a very reclined install so it can take up a lot of front to back room. But it has a very tall shell and Hayden still has loads of room to grow in it and he's very comfortable

Hope its ok to ask this here.

We've just installed our ERF seat and i want to get a mirror so i can see baby in the back seat, she sleeps allot in the car so its just to keep an eye on her really.

The problem i have is we don't have head rests in the back to attach one to and i'm finding it hard to find a decent one in the UK, do any of you ladies have any recommendations please :flower:

go to halfords and get a rearview mirror they have sticky ones that you can put on the window with sticky pads or sucker thingies in lots of different sizes

go to halfords and get a rearview mirror they have sticky ones that you can put on the window with sticky pads or sucker thingies in lots of different sizes

I didn't think of that!:thumbup:

hi ladies, can you give me some advice? I have purchased a Brio Zento on ebay (brand new) and fitted it fine in my car (ford focus) However, it is too upright for my LO, it is imposible for him to go to sleep and he bawled his eyes out on his first outing in it. My partner thinks he can lay a towel under it to angle it a bit better which seems a bit bodge it and leggit to me.....does anyone else know how i can sort it? thank you!

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/capturedbyALI/brio.jpg

here he is....look at that face. Not happy :shrug:

Does it have tether straps? We had the same problem fitting out besafe car seat, we checked the manual and it said to repeat some steps, e.g re-tightened the tether straps with one of us putting a little bit of pressure on the top of the car seat and it managed to tilt it back just enough for her to have a kip!

He doesnt look happy bless him.

EDIT:

Just found this on securatot website:

Installing BRIO Zento rear-facing in the back seat, 0-25 kg
Depending on recline desired and space available in the back seat, the BRIO Zento can be used with the
adjustable foot out or folded underneath the seat. Place the BRIO Zento so that the “heel” sits against
the front edge of the vehicle seat. For a more reclined installation for a young child, or if there is limited
space in the back seat, fold the front foot underneath the BRIO Zento and place the heel on the vehicle
seat, and ensure the back of the BRIO Zento rests against the back of the front seat. In vehicles already
equipped with anchor points on the oor intended for child restraints the tether straps can be attached
directly to these anchor points. For cars without special oor anchor points use the lower anchorage
tether straps provided. These are used to create a tether point around the foot or reclining hinge of
a front seat. There are several ways of anchoring these: To anchor around the reclining hinge of the
front seat – feed the buckle end of the lower anchorage tether strap between the base and seatback of
the front seat through to the rear. Bring the other end around the hinge to the rear. Insert the buckle
through the appropriate slot in the strap to make a slip knot (in this case you will use an opening closet
to the buckle end). Pull the slip knot tight. This needs to be repeated on both sides of the seat to provide
two anchor points. Alternatively the tether strap may be fastened around the front seat foot or glide
rails. In any case the objective is have the lower anchorage tether strap as short as possible in the rear
footwell. Ensure straps do not become snagged on cords, or rub on any sharp edges. The seat anchor
attachment can now be clipped directly onto this buckle. For an even rmer installation feed the anchor
attachment through the tether buckle and back up to the 6-millimeter steel rod at the rear of the BRIO
Zento and click in. Tighten straps as much as possible. Feed the vehicle seat belt through the opening
marked blue in the picture (blue marking on seat cover) between the seat shell and seat cover and push
it rmly into seat belt buckle. Pull the belt tight, attach the locking clip as shown, and check that the seat
is sitting rmly. Further tightening the lower anchorage straps if necessary. While BRIO Zento is approved
for freestanding use in the back seat without the need for any additional support, it is an advantage if
the BRIO Zento is in direct contact with the passenger seat in front.
Installing BRIO Zento forward-facing , 12-18 kg

hoping someone here will be able to help me i have just spent the best part of 3 hours looking at all the erf carseats after discovering them a couple of months ago, but am completely baffled.

basicly i want Frank to rf as long as possible, at least until 2, i only want to buy one more carseat (currently in a stage 0) for him to go in at about 6 months, and it needs to fit in a ford fiesta.
does one exist?!
x

yeah such a thing does exist
we have a VW golf and the seat we are getting is the Britax Multi-tech ( we are buying from volvo where you can get it as a "part" just labeled differently ) it RF to 25kg which is more than enough my LARGE 2 1/2 yr old only just weighs 18kg so will last him for ages yet, we have been assured it will fit

you should email the guy at carseat.se and he will advise what will fit in your car, just make sure you tell him the make and model hes really good.

https://www.paulstride.co.uk/ this is your local extended RF supplier so if you go there they will try them out in your car to see what fits best

hoping someone here will be able to help me i have just spent the best part of 3 hours looking at all the erf carseats after discovering them a couple of months ago, but am completely baffled.

basicly i want Frank to rf as long as possible, at least until 2, i only want to buy one more carseat (currently in a stage 0) for him to go in at about 6 months, and it needs to fit in a ford fiesta.
does one exist?!
x

We have just gotten this ERF car seat and we have a 3 door fiesta which its fits perfectly in

https://www.securatot.co.uk/besafe-izi-combi-x3?category_id=61

If you check out the gallery there is a photo of it in a fiesta :thumbup:

Just came across this news article (nz one.)https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/8730725/ambiguous-car-seat-laws-under-fire/ Really hoping that if we do erf, we aren't going to be ticketed for it... absurd!

i doubt you would if your child is in an approved restraint for their age/size then its perfectly legal and i would advise that woman to contest the validity of that ticket the law in NZ say a child must rear face to 6months and only that they must be in a correctly fitted ,approved child restraint that is age/size appropriate after that point till they become old/large enough to just have the adult 3 point lap belt

I know she'll probably get off the ticket fairly easily but just couldn't imagine ever being given a ticket because your child is in a carseat!? We have a huge problem with parents not even buckling their children in, often see parents sitting the front with their belts on with their children bouncing around the back of the car without even being strapped in, let alone in a carseat. :growlmad:
I just can't imagine why a cop would give a ticket to a parent who is obviously very vigilant about their kids safety in the car - this isn't an isolated incident either..

hi ive just been reading about erf seats i really want one for when my baby outgrows his 0 car seat my problem is harry is very long hes currently only 9 weeks old but he was born 56cm long and is growing in length like a weed !!
can anyone tell me a good carseat erf for longer babies and where would i get it from ?
any help is great thanks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->