Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

has anyone ever installed tether loops to their car? is it easy to do or is it something i would need to get a garage to do and would they do it?

thanks in advance if anyone has any answers! x

I would *think* you would need a shop to do it. If they are to be safe, they would need to be properly welded, wouldn't they? I've thought about trying to get my DH to install some (and he even knows how to weld), but I am not sure I trust my kids' safety with his welding skills. :haha:

When you say tether loops, do you mean the straps, or as Tigerlady says, welding loops to fit the straps to? I wouldn't trust anyone to weld loops in the car (my brother used to be a professional welder, but still wouldn't trust it) Can you not just use the seat runners, or even the seat itself? We used the seat runners and it's very safe. If they can withhold a fully grown adult and the seat itself, then tethering the child seat to it should be no problem.

i cant find anywhere under the seat to tether to, but my seat arrived today and in the manual it says you can tether round the seat, so thats what i'll do!
i just saw tether loops for sale on carseat.se and wondered if they would be easy to do before i realised i could just go round the seat...come to think about it i dont quite know how i was planning on installing them, i never thought about welding or how they would be attatched :dohh:

thanks anyway! :D

i never thought i would be so excited about a car seat! :lol: it arrived this morning when i was still in bed, so i ran down and ripped the box open and i cant wait to try it in my mums car!
for some reason i thought the hi way had a minimum weight, but it says 0-25kg so that means he can go in it now?! just have to wait till my mums next over so we can put it in the car!
:D

has anyone ever installed tether loops to their car? is it easy to do or is it something i would need to get a garage to do and would they do it?

thanks in advance if anyone has any answers! x

I would *think* you would need a shop to do it. If they are to be safe, they would need to be properly welded, wouldn't they? I've thought about trying to get my DH to install some (and he even knows how to weld), but I am not sure I trust my kids' safety with his welding skills. :haha:

sorry missed this when i replied to other! :dohh:

:lol: i have no idea what i was thinking, i think i presumed they would just be screwed down, haha, but now i have put thought into it i see the logic!
x

The Daily Fail has an article on ERF :shock:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-facing-car-seats-age-safety-experts-say.html

Ah but it is a scare story Modo. What else would appear in the Mail?

We were following the Mail on our work twitter account and had to take them off due to their madness. That's saying a lot given who else we follow.

The Daily Fail has an article on ERF :shock:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-facing-car-seats-age-safety-experts-say.html

I am now waiting for my MIL to call me telling me that I must RF Daniel for as along as possible :haha:

It may be the Daily Fail - but it is a start!

Great to see an article like that in a national, even if it is Daily Mail! I'm off to post the link on facebook, sick of people telling me I'm weird!

Question for you ladies, have any of you got the sun shades you can fit to the car seats? I noticed my LO was in the direct sun yesterday (first nice day for a while!) and thought I could get one that goes acorss the back window, but he does love looking out at everything!

i have sunshades that fit on the windows and postion them to suit

Hi! I've got a question about floor compartments and support legs. My Peugoet Partner Combi has floor compartments in the back and I understood that you couldn't use seats with support legs as the leg can punch through the compartment in an accident and this then makes it less safe. All the ERF seats I've seen info on have support legs when used in the back of cars.

Does everyone know if this is the case or has a ERF seat with support leg in a car with floor compartment? I'm keen to ERF Tom if possible but don't really want to have him in the front seat all the time. He's currently in a combination seat and weight wise should be fine in this for a while yet but he is getting tricky to get into it length wise.

Thanks!

I couldn't see if anybody else had answered this. I think I've seen that you can buy special stuff to fill the compartments with to make them safe - I think it's something you'd have to buy from your car dealer and they're specific to each car. Maybe ring your dealer and ask them?

i have a 2 set so when i knew i would have light hitting the back window i would posistion one ( its bright and winniethepooh themed) on the side of EJ's seat but i found since we drove a vw golf then it really has to be a bright bright day for the sun to be a problem coming in the back window the side window was much worse for it

Like lynnikins, we found the side window was more of a pain than the rear window. The main problem with the rear window was headlights from the car behind if it was dark!

In our old car, we had 2 sunshades on the side window, as it had stupidly long windows and one shade wouldn't cover everything :dohh:

We were actually looking at getting our windows tinted, as there was a place nearby which would do all the required windows for just under £100 (and consider what I'd spent trying to find sunshades to work, it seemed like a good deal :blush:)

But then we sold that car and our new one came with tinted windows :dance: I still have one pop-up sunshade on the side window, as even with tinting, if the sun hits it a certain way, it can be quite bright. But other than that, I don't need it.

Just thought I'd mention tinting as an option! :D

Can anyone recommend a baby view mirror that does not require fixing to the headrest? My cheap car has no headrests and being an estate I can't use my old stick on mirror because the rear window it too far away, tried the sticky mirror on the side window and can just get a sort of view with LO in his infant seat, not sure it will work with the bigger seat, also the flaming thing has broken again today (the mirror part falls off), not to mention every time i open the door and get the infant seat or LO out I knock the mirror and have to put it right again.

IT'S HERE:dance:

I didn't think it would be here until Monday. I'm a bit unsure as to what the difference between the DuoLogic 1 and 2 is though. I thought the 1 didn't come off the base but mine does and it has the wheels and handle. Is it just that I couldn't use it is the car without the base like you could with the 2?
I'm so happy with it although now it's installed I wont be getting it out because it was a bit of a squeeze to get the seat on the base once it was in the car :lol:
ETA: Does anyone know if there is a seat shade that fit the DuoLogic because the one of carseat.se says it doesn't?

Does it def say on the box it's a DuoLogic 1? And the manual and everything? There's someone on this thread (months and months back, so I can't find the post) who has the DuoLogic one, and when we compared the major difference was that the infant seat isn't detachable! They could have updated the design since then, maybe :)

On carseat.se it does say that the DuoLogic 2 seat can be used without the base and function as a normal infant seat, but the DuoLogic 1 can't.

I haven't looked for a seat shade to fit it, I just use window shades (and now our car has tinted windows :))

ETA - just had a look at the manual, it seems that the seat does come off now! Nice, that must make installation WAY easier. I know that I'd find it an utter faff to fit mine without being able to take the seat off :) That makes the DuoLogic1 an even better bargain then, if you can still carry the seat into the house (if you had a smaller/younger baby etc) :)

Oh, and in the manual again, it shows a sunhood type thing (although it looks quite small compared to the one they sell on carseat.se). I don't know where it'd be available from though.

It just says duologic on the box and manual. The manual shows that it comes off the base as well though. I guess it must have been updated, that or they sent the wrong one :lol: it's the right colour though.

Just looked on the manual for the duologic 2 and it's got a picture of the neck cushion that isn't on the manuel for the duologic 1 but I have :shrug:

How weird! I guess you may have the DuoLogic 2 then? I really don't know enough about the differences to be able to give a definite answer! I don't have mine here to look at just now, but I'll try and see if it specifies anywhere that it's a 2 rather than a 1 when my DH gets home.

Thanks. The only thing that's different so far that I can tell is the colour because I got the one I ordered. I'll take pictures later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->