Reasons for NOT getting pregnant when your ovulating

louisaL

Trying for number 1
Reaction score
I've been running this through my mind and apart from sounding thick i am trying to come up with reasons why we dont fall pregnant when we are ovulating and our OH's are cumming....

so, so far i have come up with:
  • The sperm may have died by the time it reaches the egg
  • You werent ovulating when you thought you were
  • He is 'shooting blanks' (although agreed this would be a long term prob)

what else?

there are probably loads more but i am thick so please bare with me lol

ok thats a new one on me (god do i actually know how to make a baby! clearly not)

can you explain please

(god i feel thick today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The ones I can think of:

• Not ovulating when you think.
  • Too few swimmers which can sometimes happen if you've been BD'ing too often as well as for other reasons.
  • The sperm being too late and the egg is too old.
  • Something being wrong with either the sperm or the egg.
  • Your body being run down so the enviroment may not be so good (less fertile mucus etc).
  • Sperm not actually finding the egg (they can't read maps!).
  • Sperm and egg meeting but not implanting because it's late in the cycle and the lining isn't good or there is a problem again with the sperm and egg.

A couple more - The egg could be released late and the sperm are too old or missed completely or implantation could happen but the embryo doesn't develop properly again and is shed with AF.

The ov cm is there to facilitate the sperm getting up to your egg.. if there's not enough the spermies dont get there on time or at all. Pree Seed can help.

There's also the possibility the cm is too acidic nd thus not hospitable to spermies...

-

You know what i don't understand. We mostly have a healthy diet etc but ppl in third world countries don't and i would assume many of them don't know half as much as we do about conception and timing etc, yet they don't seem to have problems falling pregnant. Strange isn't it?
Maybe i have generalized abit but it was something that went through my mind.

Anyway back to the original post (sorry for my sidetracking)
Clumpy sperm..As odd as it sound's some men's sperm are abit clumpy and thick. I read in some book that they did a trial of 50 men with clumpy sperm...half of them were given Vit C and the other half wern't. The Vit C guy's managed to get their wives pregnant!
Needless to say my OH is now on Vit C and erm..Zinc cos it makes the spermies stronger etc.

xxx

I'm not overly spiritual but could be about fate and all that - that u fall PG when you're meant to. It could be about the 'natural order of things' and each woman falls PG when Mother Nature dictates and so on. x

I'm not overly spiritual but could be about fate and all that - that u fall PG when you're meant to. It could be about the 'natural order of things' and each woman falls PG when Mother Nature dictates and so on. x

I 100% believe this!

hi hun
i did it for 3 years just like the textbook says
bedding every other day the week before ovulation
using preeseed every time
lying with a pillow under my bum for an hour
and it got me noware

then i thought stuff it ive had enough, so the next month we only beddid the once in the entire month and that was the night i got a positive opk
2 weeks later i got a bfp
so if nothing else it learned me that textbooks mean bugger all
lol
donna

hi hun
and it got me noware

then i thought stuff it ive had enough, so the next month we only beddid the once in the entire month and that was the night i got a positive opk
lol
donna

Now, I like the sound of that! How fed up am I of sticking pillows under my bum afterwards and waking at set times to take my temps!!

hi hun
and it got me noware

lol
donna

Now, I like the sound of that! How fed up am I of sticking pillows under my bum afterwards and waking at set times to take my temps!!

I can sort of relate to this too..

I got pg in dec and found out in jan. In dec i had already decided i was gonna go to the doc to sign up for fertility treatment in Jan and to not buy anymore sticks for my cbfm. I even got lax in taking the prenatals as i thought ' whatever..it aint gonna happen'.. I also missed poas 2 times for the monitor. And i ended up pg!!!

How about those people who decide to adopt and then suddenly get pg?

I think its a mix of luck and 'meant to be'..

I am however, gonna ride this journey out..testing, counting, waiting til the good grace of God, babydust fairies or similar, blesses me w/ a LO, lol!!

Good luck everyone!! xxx

having an infection could also prevent pregnancy happening eg. thrush or pelvic imflammatory disease or the tubes being blocked, the egg being disregared due to genetic malfunctions with the sperm, also i think immune system problems can play a part....theres so many reasons im suprised so many people get pregnant so easily!:dohh: i think if your relaxed and not hoping to get pregnant your more likely to for some reason as well!

hi, i hve been ttc to for past 3 yrs n had a laproscopy last month n doc said everything was normal, confused as what to do.

Luteal phase could be too short or the temp not does not stay high enough for the duration.

Also, general body temperature too low.

Male side:
- low sperm count
- low sperm motility
- bad sperm
-bad genetic material

mother's side:
- bad egg
- bad genetic material
- bad uterine lining that prevents implantation
- bad environment: too acidic, no EWCM, cervix is closed.
- underlying medical problems: tubes are blocked, PCOS, no ovulation despite LH surge and positive OPK, not enough mature eggs or egg count.
- immune of mother destroys an fertilized egg as it recognizes half the foreign material
- chromosomal problems of the egg
- low uterine receptiveness unable to grab the egg and allow it to implant
- mother's general health and blood flow to the uterus not recognized to be liable for pregnancy - for example smokers have less blood flow to the uterus lining.
- hormonal problems unable implantation, such as the lack of progesterone that causes a short luteal phase.

and whole lot of other reasons. For more causes of infertiliy, look here>
https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/infertility/ds00310/dsection=causes

-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back