reasons why they wanted to bring my appointment foward 3 weeks??

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
Hi
I was meant to be having my next consultant appointment on the 28th.
Thursday evening I went into hospital with reduced movements, baby's heart rate was a little all over the place, ranging between 110 and 180 190 and reached 210 a few times.
The midwife that saw me said that because it was the second time I had been in with reduced movements she wanted me to have a scan and said it would be anything from a few days to a week before i'd hear anything. So she wanted me in every day for a ctg until the scan.
Yesterday barely 14 hours after being seen I got a phone call asking to come in for a scan that afternoon.
Had the scan and baby seems fine, they can't find a reason for the reduced movements or his heart rate being a little all over the place.
They then said I need to see a consultant. when I told them I have an appointment on the 28th they said no that's no good you need to be seen sooner. I now have to see them Tuesday.
now i'm worried.
why would they move it so quickly and so soon?
the last time they rushed me to see a consultant I ended getting induced a week later. I know that won't be the case this time but if baby was really fine why rush and bring the consultant appointment forward that far?

They're erring on the side of caution I'd guess. Better to keep a close eye on you and not leave it too long. I think it's good they're taking your concerns about reduced movements seriously and I'd take every appointment as a bonus. I'm sure everything will be okay. Try not to worry x

in a way I am glad they are as they didn't with my second, it wasn't till my pre-op appointment for my C-section that they actually did get concerned. ended up bing put on the ctg for a good hour and then having a scan the following day to find out he had ran out of room. They said that they never see that and that my body just can't handle bigger babies. he was only 6lbs 14oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->