Reassurance please!

SugarNSpice27

Reaction score
So, I got a BFP on Friday (I was 5 days late), which was quite a strong line. I did another a few days later and the line was even stronger. My cycles are usually around 28 days and I usually ovulate in the middle. I just did a Clearblue dating test and it came up with 2 - 3 weeks and I would have thought it would be 3 + by now. I had a miscarriage in January and I'm worried about the same happening again. I have had some cramping with this one but no bleeding like last time. Needless to say, I'm worried sick :( Any advice would be appreicated. xx

There’s a lot that can influence those weeks indicator tests so don’t panic! I know it’s hard not to though. I would wait a few days and try again. I usually wait a week between doing them so I’ve been about 5-6 weeks pregnant when I’ve got 3+.

I think a lot of ladies put too much stock in the Clearblue weeks!! You need quite a high hcg level to get a 3+ on the week indicator. In fact a couple ladies on here recently got early scans and they were over 6 weeks pregnant but still showing a 2-3 on the Clearblue. The minimum hcg level for a 3+ result is 2,753.

Early pregnancy is scary, but try not to worry xx Cramping is very normal, and if you’re not bleeding then chances are your baby is just getting comfy!

My friend was 6 weeks and got 2-3 and her pregnancy was fine xx

They don’t even sell them in the US anymore. I never got a 3+ until I was over 5 weeks. Close to 6 even. Cramping is totally normal. So is freaking out and being worried. Hope you you get your 3+ soon.

Thanks ladies. I think I will avoid these tests. Cramping stopped after a day so just going to try and relax now!!!

On hols at the moment but if all is well, I guess I'll book in with the doctor? When are you supposed to do it these days? It's 8 years since my last :p

Thanks ladies. Think I'm going to steer away from those tests in future!

I'm in the UK and haven't been pregnant in like 9 years. When does the booking appt happen here and during this crisis? Can you actually see a midwife in person yet?

It depends whereabouts you live as it can vary by trust but at mine you call the GP surgery and they give you a midwife referral form to fill out. This used to be done at a GP appointment but now you just fill out the form and hand it back. Then you get a booking in appointment with the midwife for 8-9 weeks. Mine was over the phone this time but was during full lockdown. I still had to go in for blood tests. My 16 week appointment was meant to be over the phone but my surgery got me to come in because they got mixed up! All appointments since have been in person. Again, I think it varies by area.
I’ve had my 12 and 20 week scans alone but a lot of places are allowing partners in now.

The last time I used one I was pregnant with my now 3 yr old. I was doing hcg beta draws so I know what my hcg was. The day before I took the weeks indicator my hcg was over 3,000. Took the weeks indicator the next day and got a 2-3. Freaked me out after having lost the last baby! I thought for sure my hcg must have been dropping. The next day after that I got another beta draw and it was over 7,000. So on the day that I got that 2-3 my hcg was probably around 5,000ish. Never bought them again.

I am also U.K. I phoned the Monday after I found out (was 4w5d at that point I’m sure) and she said I should have phoned as soon as I found out to get my booking put in the diary as there’s been a huge surge lately =D> she booked mine in for when I’m 8w 1 day and it’s to b done via phone call instead of in person. She said it will take about an hour but they may phone says before if they get an opportunity too. My friend however who got a different midwife was told to phone back when she got to 6 weeks to get her booking scheduled so I guess it varies on the practice but better phone earlier ide say.

I am also U.K. I phoned the Monday after I found out (was 4w5d at that point I’m sure) and she said I should have phoned as soon as I found out to get my booking put in the diary as there’s been a huge surge lately =D> she booked mine in for when I’m 8w 1 day and it’s to b done via phone call instead of in person. She said it will take about an hour but they may phone says before if they get an opportunity too. My friend however who got a different midwife was told to phone back when she got to 6 weeks to get her booking scheduled so I guess it varies on the practice but better phone earlier ide say.
Thanks. Are you in London? I think i have to book in online here. So different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->