Reassurance?

Nikie

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently found out that I am pregnant - my partner and are were officially waiting to try but realistically NTNP as we were using the withdrawal method.

I got my BFP on 1 April - EDD 6th December 2015.

I have stalked this forum for a long time and as a result, I have to admit that I am really worried about an early miscarriage. I took another test this morning to check that I am still pregnant and got a dark line straight away. I have ordered some more clearblue tests to come with my online shopping tomorrow :/

I appreciate that this forum does have a lot of sad, unfortunate stories on it - I guess I'm looking for some assurance?

I just want everything to be ok. I'm scared to be excited and yet I really really want to be :(

Nik

This forum is full of sad stories because it attracts people with sad stories. They flock to sites like this for support. In real life you aren't exposed to such a high percentage of sad stories. You'll probably be just fine xx

I know how scary finding out your pregnant can be, but there really is no point in stressing yourself over something that may not happen. I've had my fair share of losses so maybe I look at it a different way but what's got me through all the scares and worry this pregnancy is waking up everyday and thinking 'today I'm pregnant'. Just focus on the day your in, enjoy it and keep yourself distracted by looking at baby things or planning nursery colours. So many times I thought I wouldn't never get this far but I intended to enjoy everyday and not focus on things that may never happen. There are lots of sad stories but it's great that women have a place they can come for support through a hard time. Congrats on your Bfp and hope you feel better soon.

You are both completely right - thank you for taking the time to respond! xxxx

I had the same fears but what's meant to happen will happen. Try to enjoy this time and soak it all in before the morning sickness sets in!

This forum is full of sad stories because it attracts people with sad stories. They flock to sites like this for support. In real life you aren't exposed to such a high percentage of sad stories. You'll probably be just fine xx

Exactly, remember the odds are in your favor! You have an 80% chance of this baby surviving right now!

Thank you all so much! I think I'm going to be addicted to this forum over the next few months :)

xx

I am in the same boat - I'm 5 weeks, 5 days, and every day I am terrified beyond belief that I'll miscarry. I'm finding that it keeps me from being excited about this pregnancy, which really isn't fair.

I found this site to be a huge reassurance - https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=02&d=21&y=15

I know it starts out scary high, but it has been super comforting for me to watch the numbers go down day by day. I first saw this site when I had a 28% chance of miscarriage - now today I'm at 10.5%!

Good luck!

Hun step away from the tests!! It changes nothing. I had no less than 14 positive tests before my loss. Accept and enjoy each day for what it is, you have no reason to believe things wont be ok x

I know what you mean! I didnt find this site until the third trimester with my first, and with this pregnancy I've been on since ttc and it's definitely made me more aware of all the possible complications of pregnancy and made me appreciate every little milestone. The percentages are a little scary at first but after 6 weeks your chance of mc goes down a little bit and after you detect a hb (around 8 weeks?) ive read the chance is less than 5%. So chances are you will have a normal pregnancy, don't be afraid try to enjoy it!

Hi all

I have recently found out that I am pregnant - my partner and are were officially waiting to try but realistically NTNP as we were using the withdrawal method.

I got my BFP on 1 April - EDD 6th December 2015.

I have stalked this forum for a long time and as a result, I have to admit that I am really worried about an early miscarriage. I took another test this morning to check that I am still pregnant and got a dark line straight away. I have ordered some more clearblue tests to come with my online shopping tomorrow :/

I appreciate that this forum does have a lot of sad, unfortunate stories on it - I guess I'm looking for some assurance?

I just want everything to be ok. I'm scared to be excited and yet I really really want to be :(

Nik

I am 110% with you, there. I just found out as well and everyone is so happy but I can't be excited just yet because I'm a pessimist at heart and I worry. I guess I spend too much time on these forums and reading up on pregnancy. I pray both of our babies are healthy and sticky! :baby:

I've had a MMC after seeing a strong heartbeat last year at 9 weeks - so to say the least I'm scared to death this time around. Won't be feeling more confident till probably close to 20 weeks. I just am taking it week by week, ultrasound by ultrasound. I have weekly ultrasounds that started last week because of my previous loss, so it makes me feel a little better at least I can know what's going on each week.

Im sure we all feel this way, getting more tests will only cause you to keep stressing over that line. First 12w are full of every emotion.

I am in the same boat - I'm 5 weeks, 5 days, and every day I am terrified beyond belief that I'll miscarry. I'm finding that it keeps me from being excited about this pregnancy, which really isn't fair.

I found this site to be a huge reassurance - https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=02&d=21&y=15

I know it starts out scary high, but it has been super comforting for me to watch the numbers go down day by day. I first saw this site when I had a 28% chance of miscarriage - now today I'm at 10.5%!

Good luck!

Thank you! That is actually really helpful! Xxxxx

So I just did the thing I was told not to....I took another test! But I really wish i hadn't.... It was negative BUT the test line didn't come up so does that mean it didn't work? I haven't had any bleeding so I don't understand how I could go from such strong lines to a negative?

Should I disregard the stupid bloody test?!

P.s sorry for not listening when you told me not to do it...I just wanted reassurance :( now I feel really bad :(

Sorry, I meant the control line didn't show up!

If the control line doesn't come up the test is either faulty or you didn't get enough wee on it x

Thanks.....i will put it down to a faulty test and calm my nerves! Thank you xxxx

I would get a positive test for quite a while after miscarriages. They really won't tell you anything about the health of your pregnancy. My tests progressed insanely fast on my daughter but not so much with this baby but all my scans and tests are perfect. Put the tests down :) you are pregnant and that's all they will tell you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->