reassured

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by dippy dee, Oct 8, 2008.

1. dippy dee

dippy dee Well-Known Member

Hi all thought i'd say hello as i've not been on for ages due to bt messing around.
    Well i've just heard lo heart beat :happydance: it was 140 so mw said could be a boy n if it had been slower she'd of put money on it being a boy, i'll find out soon as i've got my 20 week scan on the 21st :happydance:
    i only got to hear it as my epileptic fits have decided to hit me with a vengance :cry: and i've had this feeling for the past few weeks that something just wasn't rightso i told my quit smoking mw ( not had a fag for 4 weeks :happydance:) and she said i was to nip over to the hospital and she'd have a quick listen in so we did and she did i'm quite thinking this is going on in my mind as i refused the tripple test, or maybe i'm just paranoid due to having losses at this time and later in previous pregnancies.
    Thankyou for listening to me go on and on hope you are all well :hug:

2. Mo_mo

Mo_mo Third tri!!!

im glad everything went well...and also well done for giving up the fags!
    I have been trying for ages to get my mum to quit, I even tried blackmail with her yesterday... I said shes not allowed to see baby unless she gives up! Shes doing well tho cos she has cut down to like 5 a day.

As for the hb, the midwife might lose some cash if she did place a bet on it being a boy.... my LO was 140bpm and turns out she doesnt have a winkle!

3. dippy dee

dippy dee Well-Known Member

thankyou, it was easier for me to give up as unfortunately my mother in law passed away 14 weeks ago of heart disease and she was a 30 a aday smoker, also i was experiencing a lot of pain in my chest and shoulders which my mw said was through smoking so that was it i gave upnot without the help of patches and a smoking inhailer which are amazing. I'm secretly hoping we are having a little girl as we want to name her after my mil and also i have 2 rebelious boys in the house a dh and also 2 male dogs and a male parrot so yep i'm the only female in the house.