reasurance scan - vanishing twin syndrome

spencerspiece

Reaction score
i had a scan today due to having a big bleed on sunday

apparently i have vanishing twin syndrome???? and a healthy 7 weeks 2 day baby. they think twin stopped at 3 weeks and i have 1mm left to pass?? not sure what it is but im sure you wonderful ladies will help me figure it out...

Not sure hun sorry? Do you have a pic of your scan? I have mine tomorrow at 7+ 1 xx

I had the same the w-end and went for a scan this morning and found out I'm having twins!!! I'm still shocked :D :D :D

Attachments

• Double Trouble.jpg
    Double Trouble.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 28
i had vanishing twin syndrome, its where once twin misscarries early on most people dnt even know they had 2 to begin with

Apparently it's quite common (if this helps - I'm so sorry for your loss and hope I'm not hurting) - I read an article a year ago or so that said there was a theory that any non-twin who is left handed probably WAS once a twin...

wow im a lefty.. and my mom MC twins boys at 16 weeks 5 yrs b4 having me... so maybe my mom had this and i should have had a twin??? SOOO weird to think about another me being around.. espec since im so weird and such an individual.....i mean i have tattoos on my face ppl lol!

I know a little about it, i hope this isnt too much information and hope you ok with it. Im trying not to be unsensitive but i cant really explain in any other way.

Yeah its common, apparently 40% of twins pregnancy one is MC within the first 12 weeks, usually before you know your carrying twins.

Its sad, but you should go on and carry your baby fine, so if you hadnt had that scan you wouldnt be any the wiser.

Your body will completely reabsorb the baby, no there will be no sign of the twin at birth, the only way to know if to examine the placenta.

Again I hope your ok, its a strange mix of emotions to deal with isnt it? Im having a problamatic twin pregnancy and a few time we thought we have lost one and its really difficult.

Did they say that was def what it was?

Sorry for your loss xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"