Rebecca's Weight Loss Journal.

moochacha

LTTTC - Mum to Cody (11)
Reaction score
Hello ladies! :hugs:

I've decided to write a journal here to record my weight loss journey!!

Background Information

Ok I thought I would start off by telling you about myself. I was chubby as a child I think it’s because my mother died when I was 6 and my father didn’t know how to cook so we ate a lot of take away food till I learnt how to cook around 12, I wasn’t too big but I was overweight and I decided to lose it when I was around 13.
I developed an eating disorder and didn’t eat for almost a year and ran in the morning for two hours. My father was into health and fitness so he never really picked up on the signs that I had developed an eating disorder.

97-2000 I moved to India to study music and to finish high school, I started eating again I don’t really remember how or why I started eating again but this period in my life was the happiest so maybe that’s the reason.

2001 We had our son.

2005 my father was sick and I moved states to look after him, everything in my life was out of control I was having problems in all aspects of my life. I was also in the last year of finishing a nursing degree so the stress was on. I was 15kgs over weight and decided to lose it again I went back to my old habits and didn’t eat for a month, I joined a gym and exercised 3+ hours a day, the weight just fell off and I decided to lose more weight to fit into a size 6Aus (rolls eyes).:dohh:

I started eating again but only vegetables, no carbs, hardly any meat and nothing but water.

In 2007 things turned for the worst I had major kidney problems and for the next two years I would have 5 operations and undergo dialysis 3 times a week for 18 months. At the half way point I had put on 15kgs due to lack of movement, change of diet and slower metabolism.
The last half of my treatment was steroids whoa!!! I put on heaps of weight... I put on 35kgs on top of 15kgs that’s a total of 50kgs in the last 2.3 years. Now I have to lose it, my friends and family are amazing they support me through the hardest moments. Putting on so much weight has changed everything about me at my lowest point I sometimes asked my husband why I bothered to have treatments I would have rather died than put on around 50kgs.
So now I have been given the green light by my medical team to lose weight, things are not so bad I’m a size 16/18 which is a good starting point.

My Plan​

Now I am going to eat a high protein/low carb diet because I need protein for iron levels and carbs always make me feel emotional and tired. I will limit my fruit intake to cut down on sugars and of course eat lots of salad and veg. I will be eating 3 main meals and two small protein fuelled snacks eg a small snack sized can of light tuna.

1.) Keep to my diet
I have a feeling that this might be my weakest point since over the last two years I have gained a bit of an appetite and since my husband has gained a new love for chocolate and sweets so have I! Hehe
I am going to allow myself one cheat day every week! Wooo hooo.

2.) More exercise
I walk on my treadmill most days for 20 mins; normally I get bored from walking on the treadmill at the 20min mark. My husband and I are turning our garage into a home gym. We have the treadmill and the bike all we need now is a weight station for resistance training and some yoga mats.

Starting Point
I am not going to weight myself because I’ll fall into an obsessive pattern so having said that I will measure my weight loss via clothing sizes.
I am currently a size 16-18 Aus my goal is to be a healthy size 8 again. I am 152cm tall so this size is just perfect for my frame.
I will set mini goals so I’m not daunted by weight loss on the whole.

Well I hope to get to know some more people on the weight loss path, hit me up for a chat or leave me some tips the more the better!!!!

Take care ladies,
Rebecca xX :kiss:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/ortiz/weight.png

10.12.09 - Woohooo day one of my journal and I have to say that this week including today has been a good week.

I have stayed on my diet and have resisted temptation! Though I do plan on making Christmas Day a cheat day and look forward to cooking lots of yummy things for our family.

My husband is so beautiful he has started the diet with me and has decided to exercise more. I guess he has put on 8kgs over the years and wants to lose the muffin top. I still find him sexy woot he doesn't look like he's put on weight at all but i think he's just trying to support me.

I have been adding 5 mins more to my normal daily exercising routine the last three days and i feel much better for it. Maybe next week ill add another 5 mins to my routine.

Take care ladies xX

Work out complete :dance: yay I love it....

Everything on track!!!

My Psm swollen belly has gone down and I'm looking a little thinner even if i do say so myself!! :D

Feeling energetic even after a evening shift. Though i can't be bothered exercising today. Night shifts really mess around with my body clock. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->