Rebekah is here and is born with down syndrome

lottie77

Mum of 2 girls and 1 boy
Reaction score
Hi ladies I had my beautiful baby girl Rebekah on the 13th of January and she weighed in at 8lbs 13oz after a mere 1 hour and 45 min labour :wacko: wow :baby: I was given the risk of 1 in 28 that she would be born with down syndrome at 15 weeks after the blood test and nuchal fold measurement but I never imagined that she would be as I am only 33 and I had the it only ever happens to other people mind set, but the moment she was born and we saw her we both knew that she had down syndrome it was clear too see and the genetic test they did just confirmed what we all knew (trisomy 21).It was a very very hard 24 hours after the birth trying to come to terms with it and also having to tell our 12 year and 6 year old children then all the family that Rebekah had down syndrome whilst we were trying to take it in ourselves :nope:

She is brilliant :kiss: shes now 3 weeks old and sleeps like a dream only waking for a feed every 4 hours and getting up just the once through the night, she very rarely cries which is brilliant cause all my other 2 children did was cry as babies non stop :winkwink: and now we are over the initial shock of finding out we are parents to a down syndrome child we are all bonding along nicely and I wouldn't change anything about Rebekah for all the money in the world she is perfect exactly the way she was intended to be :hugs::hugs:

Attachments

• Rebekah Jan 2011 055.jpg
    Rebekah Jan 2011 055.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 393
  • Rebekah Jan 2011 059.jpg
    Rebekah Jan 2011 059.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Rebekah Jan 2011 060.jpg
    Rebekah Jan 2011 060.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Rebekah Jan 2011 401.jpg
    Rebekah Jan 2011 401.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 390
  • Rebekah Jan 2011 443.jpg
    Rebekah Jan 2011 443.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 341
Congrats hun!!Wow that was onefast labour:wacko:

congrats hun :flower: glad to hear you are coping well and that Rebekah is doing well :hugs:

goodness what a speedy labour :shock:

sounds like she's settled in just perfectly with her family :cloud9: i'm sure rebekah will bring you and your family a lot of joy, love and smiles

huge congratulations!!!!

congratulations on the birth of your daughter! x

Congrats on the birth of your daughter :baby::hugs:
xxx

congratulations! i'm sure she is perfect. :flower:

Huge congratulations and welcome to the world beautiful girl

x

Congratulations, welcome to the world Rebekah! I bet she is just lovely :cloud9: xx

huge congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your daughter, welcome to the world Rebekah :cloud9: xx

congratulations, hope you are recovering and sleeping well x

Welcome to the world little one :) am pleased to hear u are all bonding brilliantly, what a lovely positive story :) xx

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->