Recaro young sport car seat...anyone have one?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

My OH and i are going to by Connah a new car seat tomorow as he weighs over 20lbs now :D

OH has this obsession with recaro seats(he has them in his car) so now we MUST(his words) get Connah one too:dohh:

So i was wondering...are they any good?safe?(obv) and any1's experiences with one of these?https://www.mothercare.com/Recaro-Y...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=68213031&mcb=core

OH just wants one cos it looks like a baby bucket seat:dohh:

thanks xxxx

I've seen this one, it looks good and I showed it to my OH and he said Recaro is a really expensive make. Anyway it is forward facing, but rear facing is safer for a while yet from I understand?

my friend has that one and loves it...
im trying to keep Roo in her cabriofix for as long as poss tho, they are much safer than the next stage seats xx

I've seen this one, it looks good and I showed it to my OH and he said Recaro is a really expensive make. Anyway it is forward facing, but rear facing is safer for a while yet from I understand?

Yeah it is quite expensive,its OH who wants it whereas i dont care what make it is as long as its the safest.

I agree that rear facing is safer too and would have loved to keep him in his graco for a good while longer but he fills it now and cries if hes in longer than 10mins:dohh: xx

Oh and went to look at it today and got a Maxi Cosi one instead,The guy who was helping us said it wasnt the safest and he had a point where he said... they are supposed to last until the child is 11...but i would prob need replacing in a few years as they would get quite messy.
And with how messy Connah is atm i dont think it would last too long lol xx

My husband did a lot of research into the recaro baby seats for our little boy when he needed a stage 1 after out growing his rear one and he found they came bottom in a lot of tests/reviews etc. Not sure if they've changed but it put us off. We went for a Britax (hate it and will not be using it for our baby lol far too big and bulky!) We have a maxi cosi for our almost 8 month old and hoping to keep her in that until at least a year and then may even move her into our Creatis we kept which Noah outgrew at 16 months. Did you get the maxi cosi tobi?

Ive got a Maxi Cosi Priori XP (Black and grey cover) I understand the whole OH issue! Mine had just brought a new sporty car and the seat needed to 'match' but again it boiled down to safety so we went with the maxi cosi (we had the maxi cosi infant seat too). I find its very good and solid if that helps :)

xx

Yup OH had to have the matching baby seat:dohh: lol

We went for the maxi cosi priori xp,really solid,apparently one of the safest aswel :D xx

We have one for my three year old, although granted he's almost out of it now. It's a fantastic car seat. Amazingly supportive, especially so around the head. The headreast is really soft and spongey too so comfy when LO goes to sleep or bumps their head for whatever reason! It's very 'firm' to in that it doesn't move when you try to wiggle it (my baby seat test lol). Plus, we've had ours ages and it looks as good as the day we bought it. It doesn't wear down like some.

Hope that helps!

Which? give it 3* (out of 5) for front and side impact. They say safety could be better but only because it goes across age bands - so something has to give. They still say it is a good seat and note it is very comfortable and is easy to install.

We went for the maxi cosi priori xp,really solid,apparently one of the safest aswel :D xx

It certainly is. Marked as best buy, scored the highest mark for its age band 4* for front and 5* for side impact.

If he wants a recaro, ther is this one, and its rf!

https://www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk/shop/childrens_re_12.html

I used the the recaro young profi plus and thought it was reall good and seemed so much more secure than my other carseat (i got one which came with travel system too), it was so easy to fit aswell so i intend on buying this seat your talking about next. I also felt the seat itself seemed comfier and the headrest for newborns seemed more secure and comfy too. Kx

If he wants a recaro, ther is this one, and its rf!

https://www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk/shop/childrens_re_12.html

Never seen this one,looks good too and i would prefer rf! but i already got the maxi cosi:dohh:

thanks anyways hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"