Recent Zika outbreak in Caribbean ? Specifically Dominican?

Chrissi1981

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone here has travelled to any of the Caribbean islands as of late and heard of any recent outbreaks. Everything I find is from the epidemic in 2016. So hard to make an informed decision. I may post this in all trimesters so if you see a repeat I'm sorry...

I'm wondering if anyone here has travelled to any of the Caribbean islands as of late and heard of any recent outbreaks. Everything I find is from the epidemic in 2016. So hard to make an informed decision. I may post this in all trimesters so if you see a repeat I'm sorry...

I went to South America last April. As far as I could see, the panic was mostly off (I went through Brazil and the year before there had been LOADS of stuff about it). I think it's pretty well contained now, but of course if you really think travelling there will mess with your head anxiety wise then avoid it...but if it's something really important I wouldn't worry too much. Even for women who were living in countries with outbreaks at the time, risks to their babies were still low.

We went to Jamaica during the outbreak. We used to live there and have lots of frin da there. Honestly it wasn't anywhere near what was portrayed, I didn't find anyone that had had it or knew anyone that had had it and they didn't have an outbreak of babies affected. If you take sensible precautions you will be fine I'm sure, the actual risk is pretty low x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->