Recently told i have PCOS, soon to start Clomiphene

Babydust28

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Well after so many years of trying and just having no luck, we seeked help.

Our consultant has been amazing.

To cut a long story short after lots of tests, OH :spermy: is good, i however have PCOS and felt devastated to be told that :cry:
I read up a lot about it and just felt that id never get the baby we longed for.

Anyway, last week i was prescribed 100mg Clomiphene, to be taken on CD2-CD6. I have never wanted the :witch: to come so desperately! The :witch: is due around 11th October, but my cycles are irregular so who knows when she will actually show up :af:

Is anyone is the same boat or have an success stories regarding PCOS and Clomiphene :flower:

:dust:

I'm currently on my first Clomiphene cycle. I took provera to bring on AF and took Clomiphene, 50mg, CD4-8. I'm currently CD 20 and I haven't ovulated. I've got to do a blood test on Monday so I guess I'll find out what to do next.

There's a thread a little further down the page called Clomid Buddies. There are 4-5 of us who are currently in their first Clomid cycle. Feel free to have a look

I did not get pregnant with clomid (3 rounds of 100mg) but I did ovulate every time, if you're doing clomid or any fertility meds, I'd recommend religiously charting and using OPK's because, I believe the reason why I didn't get pregnant was our timing was off. (didn't chart or anything). If you don't it's pretty much pointless. I discovered I didn't ovulate until a whole 12 days after finishing the LAST pill....

Either that or BD every day-every other day. I'm 13 days past my last pill and haven't ovulated

I will chart my temp but I don't think I'll do anything else
We will definitely dtd every other day at least but will aim every day and morning preferably as they say the Sperm is better quality.
What are your thoughts on dtd every day?

Levaitas it's comforting to know it triggered ovulation for you but I'm sorry you didn't catch. So what are you doing now?

I believe that clomid does make ladies ovulate later than normal... Charting will help me pinpoint a little better. I think I'll download FF again.

Hey! I had success with50mg clomid and I have PCOS. I don't ovulate on my own at all. Timing is KEY with Clomid. Definitely temp/chart and use OPKs. Here is what I did each month...

Took Clomid days 5-9 the first two months and days 3-7 the third month to see if I could bump up my ovulation date. The first month i didn't ovulate until day 19 so don't panic! The day after I finished clomid I took one expectorant pill each day as clomid can dry up cervicial mucous. I started using OPKs with FMU on day 11 (I surged in the AM). I have read that using OPKs while Clomid is in your system can cause them to turn positive. Once I had my positive OPK I took two expectorants daily to help with CM. I always used pre-seed unless CM was abundant. We had sex EOD starting at day 10. Once I got a positive OPK we attempted to do it every day until the day after ovulation. It was hard for OH to do it three/four days in a row, we are not in our 20s anymore! Sex EOD is fine if that is what you can manage. I got a BFP on my third cycle of clomid at 11dpo. We were shocked, I never had a positive pregnancy test before and didn't know if I would ever see that second line. The other thing I did was take red raspberry pills. I took four/day before O and two a day after O. I did this because clomid can thin your uterine lining, especially in higher doses. Red raspberry promotes blood flow to your uterus and in theory can help strengthen it.

Hang in there and fingers crossed Clomid works for you!!!!

2 ducks. Thanks for the advice about red raspberry. I'll look into it. I haven't responded to 50mg of Clomid, no ovulation. My doctor is ringing early next week with a plan for next cycle. Congrats on your blue bump 2ducks!

Hey! I had success with50mg clomid and I have PCOS. I don't ovulate on my own at all. Timing is KEY with Clomid. Definitely temp/chart and use OPKs. Here is what I did each month...

Took Clomid days 5-9 the first two months and days 3-7 the third month to see if I could bump up my ovulation date. The first month i didn't ovulate until day 19 so don't panic! The day after I finished clomid I took one expectorant pill each day as clomid can dry up cervicial mucous. I started using OPKs with FMU on day 11 (I surged in the AM). I have read that using OPKs while Clomid is in your system can cause them to turn positive. Once I had my positive OPK I took two expectorants daily to help with CM. I always used pre-seed unless CM was abundant. We had sex EOD starting at day 10. Once I got a positive OPK we attempted to do it every day until the day after ovulation. It was hard for OH to do it three/four days in a row, we are not in our 20s anymore! Sex EOD is fine if that is what you can manage. I got a BFP on my third cycle of clomid at 11dpo. We were shocked, I never had a positive pregnancy test before and didn't know if I would ever see that second line. The other thing I did was take red raspberry pills. I took four/day before O and two a day after O. I did this because clomid can thin your uterine lining, especially in higher doses. Red raspberry promotes blood flow to your uterus and in theory can help strengthen it.

Hang in there and fingers crossed Clomid works for you!!!!

Firstly, congratulations!!!

Thank you so much for that
I keep reading that a lot of ladies are prescribed 50mg to begin but I've gone straight to 100mg, why is that do you think?? It worries me that I'm going to struggle more.

Also I've been told day 2-6 to take my clomid... why do we get told all different days?

I'll definitely chart, I have never used opk's other than the cbfm but later found that because I have pcos the cbfm doesn't work
I think I'll just chart for the first cycle and then opk 2nd or maybe 3rd. Going to definitely bd oed, I've heard every day isn't good quality Sperm.

I'm praying af comes soon, 11th she's due but I'm always late... I'm just desperate to get onto the clomid.

I've read most people conceive cycle 2 and 3 xx

I started on 50mg and I didn't respond. Maybe that's why? Often women don't respond to a low dose so your doctor thought not to bother?

I think the days don't matter too much. I've read that if you take it earlier in your cycle you're more likely to get more follicles. If you take it later, you're more likely to get good quality follicles. I think doctors have their preference.

Good luck, I hope it just takes 1 cycle for you.

I started on 50mg and I didn't respond. Maybe that's why? Often women don't respond to a low dose so your doctor thought not to bother?

I think the days don't matter too much. I've read that if you take it earlier in your cycle you're more likely to get more follicles. If you take it later, you're more likely to get good quality follicles. I think doctors have their preference.

Good luck, I hope it just takes 1 cycle for you.

I will go along with what my consultant has said but it is crazy, but i guess none of our bodies are the same.

Well, get this, AF came this morning, a day early, don't think I've ever been early its always late :happydance:
So i get to start my Clomid tomorrow and I'm so excited, feeling unusually positive which is good as stress never helps especially in our circumstances.

So i will take my clomid, last one will be taken on Saturday, then when should i ovulate? would you say anything from the 22nd October or later?

How are you holding out anyway? where are you in your cycle sorry?
xx

I've added my FF chart as i've just re downloaded it, should i start charting from tomorrow morning?

Start temping whenever. Just as long as you put the right temp in for the right cycle day it's fine.

As you will see I have been charting and taking clomid for 2 days now.
For some crazy reason my temp this morning shot right up... have no clue why this was but will see what tomorrow is and see whethere it was just a blip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->