Recipies

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Im trying to make more of my own foods to eat but have run out of recipies.

Does anyone know of any simple/ not too difficult ones?

I have tried beef stew and love it!

I found a nice sausage pie one. Im gonna post what i find here mainly because ill porbably loose the paper i write them on lol.

Sausage Pie

Ingredients
1 lb pork sausage meat
1 16 oz tin baked beans
¼ lb bacon
tomatoes as desired or mushrooms or both
1 onion
creamed potatoes or Smash

Directions
Line bottom of casserole with ½ of pork sausage meat.
Chop bacon and lay on top.
Chop onion, tomatoes, mushrooms as required and add in layers.
Add baked beans.
Place rest of pork sausage meat on top.
Cover with potatoes or large packet of Smash.
Cook in moderate oven for 1½ hours.
Makes a delicious supper dish or can be served with vegetables for an evening meal or lunch.

hi i have one i really like i'm not sure exactly what it would be called i got part of it from a cookbook it was called chicken primavera but is way to simple to be called something so fancy lmao anyways here goes i will try and write what you need and stuff first lol

noodles (any kind, spaghetti, shell, twirly ones, any of them enough for however many people you are feeding lol)

mushroom soup (1can) (can use cream of chicken of you dont like mushroom)

chicken breast (cooked and cut into bite size peices)

1/2 a bag of california veggie or fresh ones whichever (just carrots cut up, califlower cut up haha, and broccoli also cut up lmao) the bag is easiest i find haha

half a cup of milk

some grated cheese (about half a cup as well doens't matter all that much)

and basically you just boil the noodles and cook them in one pot, while you are doing that in another pot throw the half bag of veggies (or cut ones whichever lol) in with the mushroom soup, and the milk and stir it up on med high heat, put in the chicken the same time you put the noodles in the water, (put the chicken in the veggie/soup pot not the noodle pot) and keep on stirring the soup mix once in awhile and when the noodles are done drain then and put them back in their pot, pour the soup mixture on top of them mix it together and sprinkle the cheese on.

wow i'm a bit surprised at how not appealing that sounds lol it actually is really good and quick and easy the worst part is cooking the chicken first i hate cooking chicken lol but yeah its really good i love it try it out if you want :D:D

sorry that was so long too :oops:

Chicken Tikka Masala

Serves 4

Ingredients
675g chicken breast
6 tbsp tikka paste
120ml natural yoghurt
1 tbsp oil
1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove crushed
1 fresh green chilli, seeded and chopped
2.5cm root ginger, grated
1 tbsp tomato puree
250ml water
a little melted butter
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
fresh coriander, natural yoghurt, toasted cumin seeds to garnish

1. Cut meat into 2.5cm cubes. Mix 3tbsp of tikka paste and 4tbsp on yoghurt into bowl. Add chicken and marinate for 20mins.

2. Heat oil and fry onion, garlic, chilli and ginger for 5 mins. Add reamining tikka paste and fry for 2 mins. Stir in tomato puree and water, bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins.

3. Meanwhile, thread chicken onto wooden skewers. Heat grill.

4. Brush chicken with melted butter and cook under med. heat for 15 mins. turning occasionally.

5. Put tikka sauce into food processor or blender until smooth. Return to pan.

6. Add remaining yoghurt and lemon juice. Remove chicken from skewers and add to pan then simmer for 5 mins. Garnish with stuff from list.

Chicken supreme

2 Chicken breasts
Cambells chicken soup (the small cans you add water too)
Mushrooms (desired amount)
Red pepper
Green pepper
Half a small onion
Pepper to taste

This is my personal preference - People add diff things!

Fry the chicken until brown then add the mushrooms I dice them, (peppers cut into strips) & thinly sliced onions! Fry for 3 moe minutes then add the cambells soup, half fill the tin with water & also add - keep stirring until the soup has heated & simmer for 10 minutes!

Serve with rice! I love it!

I also have a taste for pasta salad:

I cook pasta with mushrooms (cubed) drain & cool off & sort the following:

ham sliced into small pieces
grated cheese
Red peppers diced into small pieces
cucumber sliced & diced

I add low fat mayo to the pasta until desired amount then add in the rest mixing them in one by one! Salt & pepper to taste!

Everyone loves it even my mates kids love it :D

Meatballs (Frikadellen)
Theres pictures to this recipie to show you how to make them so im just going to post the link

https://cook.dannemann.org.uk/cooking/mains/meatballs/

Basic Meatballs

1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup bread crumbs
tsp. worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Preparation -
Mix all ingredients together. Shape into 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" balls. Place in a lightly greased 9" x 13 " baking pan. Bake uncovered at 375º for 25 to 30 minutes. Drain off fat before adding sauce.

Basic Bolognese

This is a very basic recipe for bolognese, suitable for serving with pasta, or usage in recipes such as lasagne.

1kg / 2 lb beef mince
2 beef stock cubes
3 onions
6 cloves of garlic
Worcestershire sauce
3 tins chopped tomatoes
Oregano
Basil
Olive Oil

Put a little olive oil in a pan on a high heat. Chop the onions and place them in the pan. Crush the garlic into the pan, add the mince and crumble in the stock cubes. Cook this combination until the mince has browned and the onions are softer. Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomatoes, and add the herbs and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Simmer for about half an hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with spaghetti or some other pasta, and top with cheese.

even more basic.....brown the onions and mince then chuck a dolmio sauce over the top, simmer for 10 mins then serve lol

xxx

Go Kaz!!
Proud of you dudette!!!
Have got a notebook with some relatively easy ones for you...
Will find them and post them just for you

xox

Layla said:
even more basic.....brown the onions and mince then chuck a dolmio sauce over the top, simmer for 10 mins then serve lol

xxx
MMmmmm teh chunky dolmio is tastyyyyy

this isnt so much a recipe but thot id put it anyway!!! as we all know dried fruit on its own is yuck!!!! add some yoghury(low fat of course!!) and voila!! yummy fruit!!!

Spring Rolls

For AG (promised a couple of days ago... Oops!!)

Ingredients
1 packet of spring roll skins (can get this from local indian shop)
flour and water mixed
1/2 pt Groundnut oil for deep-frying
Soya Sauce and Sweet Chilli Sauce mixed to make dipping sauce

Marinade
1 tspn light soy sauce
1 tspn rice wine or dry sherry
1 tspn sesame oil
salt and pepper

Filling
100g prawns finely chopped
100g minced pork
1.5 tbspn veg oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tbspn grated fresh ginger
1.5 tbspn soy sauce
1 small packet of chinese veg

Method
1. Put pork and all marinade ingredients into a bowl
2. Heat wok on high heat. Add 1.5 tbspn of oil and when v hot add garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 20 secs.
3. Add pork and rest of filling ingredients and stir fry for 5 mins. Place into a colander to drain and cool thoroughly.
4. Place 1 heaped desert spoon of filling near end of a spring roll skin, then fold the sides and roll up tightly.
5. Seal open end by brushing with a little flour and water along the edge and pressing together. Should be around 10cm long like a cigar.
6. Deep fry spring rolls until golden brown around 4 mins. Drain on kitchen paper.

Right this is my own receipe so havent shared it much.but great for cold days....use either slow cooker or casserole dish (but watch the liquid!)

3 chicken breasts
2 celery stalks
cup peas
TBS Sugar
pinch salt

(important) 3/4 cup 3 (quarters) of rice any will do but american grain the best

3 tins Campbells chicken soup
squeeze lemon juice (optional)

Oh add water but use your own judgement on this I normally fill up one of the cans of soup again and shake and use this,in slow cooker thats enough liquid well about another 2 cans but with casserole pot all I can say is keep good eye on or will dry out,you can cook this for 6 hours on low in oven say 150 elec gas 3

Just throw all together after browning the chicken in the pot and leave then put dollop mash potato in with and viola! A lovely meal but you cant help but have second and thirds.lol

Bex

Shepherds pie

This is so yummy!! Mmmmmmmm

Ingredients
6 servings

80ml olive oil
2 large onions
4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1kg minced lamb
3 carrots, diced
250g mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp tomato puree
250ml lamb or beef stock
100ml red wine
dash Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp thyme, chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Mashed potato topping

1.2kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled
150g butter
salt and fresh ground black pepper
50g Parmesan cheese, for the topping

Method
Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.

Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onions and garlic until golden. Add the minced meat to the pan and cook until browned, stirring constantly to break up the meat and ensure it cooks evenly. Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree and stir it into the meat and vegetables.

Pour over the stock and red wine. Season with a little salt and pepper, then add the thyme and Worcestershire sauce. Gently simmer for 20 minutes or so, until the meat is cooked and the mixture has thickened. Spoon the mixture into an ovenproof serving dish.

Boil the potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes until softened. Drain and cover with a lid to steam ‘dry’ and reduce any excess moisture. Add the butter and mash thoroughly. Don’t allow the potato to become too wet or they won’t crisp up nicely in the oven. Season.

Spoon the potato mixture over the meat, sprinkle with the Parmesan and finish with a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden.

Here's one for the winter nights.......

Beef casserole with Mustard mash and buttered Savoy Cabbage

Beef Casserole

Ingredients
6 servings

800g braising beef
3 tbsp plain flour
2 medium carrots, peeled
1 small celeriac, about 700g, peeled
200g smoked lardons
150g pearl onions (or baby shallots), peeled
few thyme sprigs
2 bay leaves
250g chestnut mushrooms, trimmed, halved if large
1 tsp tomato purée
500ml red wine
300ml beef or brown chicken stock
handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
olive oil

Method
Preheat oven to 150˚C/Gas 2.

Cut the beef into bite-size chunks. Season the flour with salt and pepper and toss the meat in the flour to coat. Heat a little olive oil in a large cast-iron casserole over a medium heat. Sear the beef briefly in two or three batches until browned all over, then transfer to a plate and set aside.

Add the lardons to the casserole and fry gently until lightly golden, adding a little olive oil if necessary. Meanwhile, cut the carrots and celeriac into 2cm cubes. Tip them into the pan with the whole onions, thyme and bay leaves and stir over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften. Stir in the mushrooms and tomato purée and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.

Pour in the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to deglaze. Add the stock and bring the liquid to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for a few minutes. Return the beef to the casserole and stir well to immerse the meat in the liquid completely. Put the lid on the casserole and cook in the oven for 2½ hours or until the beef is very tender.

Check the seasoning, then scatter the chopped parsley over the stew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttered savoy cabbage
Ingredients
6 servings

1 savoy cabbage, cored
25g unsalted butter

Method

Finely slice the cabbage and blanch in a pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain, and if not serving immediately, refresh under cold, running water. Drain well again.

Melt the butter in a wide, heavy-based pan, add the blanched cabbage and season well with salt and pepper. Toss over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Serve at once.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mustard mash
Ingredients
6 servings

1kg floury potatoes, such as Desirée or King Edward
150ml double cream
85g butter, cut into cubes
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard

Method

Peel the potatoes and cut them into large, even-sized chunks. Cook in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain well, then return to the pan and dry out for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat. Mash the potatoes, preferably using a potato ricer. For a very smooth result, push the mashed potato through a fine sieve.

Heat the cream and slowly stir into the mashed potato. Season well. Cook gently for 5 minutes, then gradually beat in the butter, a cube at a time. Finally, stir in the mustards and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.

Sausage Pie........ (different to AG's)

Ingredients
6-8 slices

3 large onions, finely sliced
2 sticks celery, finely sliced
6 rindless slices streaky bacon, chopped
10 sage leaves, roughly chopped
1 dessertspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp HP sauce
8 large sausages
3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
220g shortcrust pastry
olive oil
rock salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method
Preheat oven to 180˚C/Gas 4.

Sweat off the onions together with the celery and bacon. Add the sage leaves, Worcestershire sauce and HP sauce and cook for a further 8-10 minutes.

In a separate pan brown off the sausages. Thickly slice them diagonally, into about four pieces each.

Spoon half the onion mixture into the bottom of your baking dish. Arrange the sausage slices on top and finish with the leftover onions.

Roll out the pastry and use to cover the dish. Trim and crimp the edges. Egg wash to get a nice glaze and sprinkle over the thyme leaves and some salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. Slice and serve.

Beef Wellington

Ingredients
4 servings

750g prime beef fillet
1-2 tbsp English mustard
400g flat mushrooms
6-8 Parma ham
500g puff pastry
2 egg yolks
salt and pepper
olive oil

Method
Preheat oven to 180˚C/Gas 4.

Heat some oil in a large pan and quickly fry the seasoned beef all over until it’s brown. Remove and allow to cool and brush generously with the mustard.

Roughly chop the mushrooms and blend in a food processor to form a puree. Scrape the mixture into a hot, dry pan and allow the water to evaporate. When sufficiently dry (the mixture should be sticking together easily), set aside and cool.

Roll out a generous length of cling film, lay out the slices of Parma ham, each one slightly overlapping the last. With a pallet knife spread the mushroom mixture evenly over the ham. Place the beef fillet in the middle and keeping a tight hold of the cling film from the outside edge, neatly roll the Parma ham and mushrooms over the beef into a tight barrel shape. Twist the ends to secure the cling film. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, this allows the Wellington to set and helps keep the shape.

Roll out the pastry quite thinly to a size which will cover your beef. Unwrap the meat from the cling film. Egg wash the edge of the pastry and place the beef in the middle. Roll up the pastry, cut any excess off the ends and fold neatly to the ‘underside’. Turnover and egg wash over the top. If possible chill again at this stage and allow the pastry to cool. Season over the top of the pastry and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

After removing from the oven allow the meat to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->