Recommend a book? What is your fav?

Kmx

Reaction score
I'm a temporary sahm until September and I'm getting quite bored and fed up. I need something more than just the rubbish tv to entertain me when lo is in be or having a nap. Can you recommend any? What is your favourite book? I rarely read but when I do get a good book I love it. I want anything at all.. Funny,sad,serious, light hearted ect. One of my favs is catcher in the rye. I also like romance novels. The only ones I don't are horror or disturbing ect x

I'm in the middle of Freak by Jennifer Hillier, its the second book, the first one is creep -

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10088219-creep

I enjoyed that, liking this one too at the moment. Others I've enjoyed reading are Jodi Picoult books and the Harry Potter series xx

The books I have really enjoyed recently are Me Before You by JoJo Moyes, The Thread by Victoria Hislop, and The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

Of course, before actually reading the full post, my mind goes to "what toddler books I enjoy reading with LO..." :haha:

Personally, I rarely have time to read these days- BUT- when I did (as I used to work downtown and ride the Max a good 30mins each way)- I will admit, I did read the Twilight series- yes, I know... the books are really good though- not the movies. I also read "The Host" by the same author... and I do like me some good mystery or horror books by Dean Koontz-- but obviously you don't, so I won't recommend those. LOL.

I tend to just browse through the book store and see what catches my eye :) I also liked all the Tori Spelling books too- funny, quirky, and silly... very light read. hehe

The other side of the bridge and crow lake (I'm reading right now) by Mary Lawson
midwives by chris bohjalian
The glass castle by Jeanette walls
From the corner of his eye by dean koontz
A hand maids tale by margret Atwood
To kill a mocking bird by Harper lee
Unless by carol shields
In everything give thanks by terry Barnes

Those are the ones I've read in the last couple month and a couple of my favorites

I sympathise with you. While on maternity I have read Bad Mothers Club & Hunger Games, both very different butgood easy reads. x x

I love terry pratchett books for a good giggle.

My other favourites are
The book thief
Memoirs of a geisha
Gone with the wind
Pride and prejudice
Fight club

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members