Recommend a nappy rash cream please

haggle-b

Mum of 3, 2 dd's & 1 ds
Reaction score
My LOs bum is sore, he had a cold last week and loads of loose poops. I feel so guilty as I didnt notice it straight away, I have been smothering his bum with sudocream, but it isnt really clearing it up. LOs bum still looks sore with little red spots, he doesnt seem to bothered by it, but I need something to get rid of it. The sudocream seems to just stop it getting worse, not getting rid of it.

Any recommendations?

Try some nappy off time to let his bum have some air..... Make sure you put some towels down tho if he's crawling about..... Also I think maybe just apply a little bit of sudocream as it may not be helping with loads on as could be suffocating it x

naked time will help, id keep using the sudacreme and also u cud try vaseline, it acts as a barrier so protects the skin

lots of air to the bum! i use bepanthan & i also use boots caster oil and zinc cream which is good as a prevention xxx

i can not recommend this enough, metanium! my son suffered really bad with nappy rash after his 8 week injections it was horrendous, the HV said to use it and within 48hrs it was all gone and he hasnty had nappy rash since, u can get it from all pharmacies boots etc, i wouldnt use anything else now... xxx

I can highly recommend bepanthan!!! Worked amazingly well on my LO's bum when it was so sore it bled a bit, cleared in up overnight literally!

Metanium!! I could see the difference after one use..
Bepanthen just came straight off after she weed once, metanium stayed on until the next nappy change - this was every hr while she had rash.
It cleared up within 48 hrs..

Its in a yellow box with purple writting. X

plenty of fresh air with nappy free time now and again. Bepanthan or methanium like the lady said...not sure if spelt right xx

definitely sounds like you lo could do with some nappy off time, especially with just a thin layer of sudacreme being used rather than loads as it wont allow any air to the skin otherwise, if you already give lots of nappy off time, give bepanthen a go, ive heard good stuff about it

Metanium is the cream of choice for us. It worked when everything else failed. It's thick and yellow, but you only need the tiniest smidgen and so it lasts for ages. Madeline had horrendous nappy rash after a course of anti-biotics gave her horrible runs and Metanium cleared it up in 24-hours.

My midwife friend tipped me off about it - and I have not had to buy another tube of it. We are still using the first tube I bought when Madeline was 3 weeks old - and it will probably last until she is out of nappies. It's only a couple of quid to buy.

lots of nappy free time, wiping with cotton wool & water. if it doesn't get better, it might be thrush, so you may need to get an anti-fungal cream for it.

we tried benpanthen but bella had a horrendous reaction to it, she came up in horrendous red blisters all round her bits, so we only use sudocrem now.

xx

In all honesty, ive tried them all. The best is canestan nappy rash cream from the chemist. My dd had a nappy rash from hell. It just wouldnt go away. Nothing worked except for this. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->