Recommend me a baby carrier!

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
So this time around I want to do things a bit differently to my first (my poor ds got all the mama mistakes!) I'd love to wear my baby from birth, ds had plagiocephaly, we think due to tight neck muscles but it was never really figured out. All the Drs/midwives insisted it would be ok....guess what, he's 4 and I can still see the flat spot on the back of his head. Thankfully he has a good head of hair! This obviously isnt the only reason, I've read about the many benefits.

I had an ergo but used this when my ds was bigger, so I was thinking of a Moby wrap, but I've read this isnt great if you are petite. I'm only 5'2 and suffer in the short torso department!

What else can you recommend me? I need something ideally not too hot (cotton, bamboo) as this baby is due in June, something that feels secure for a newborn, easy to put on myself without help from anyone, and fingers crossed this baby and I do a better job with breastfeeding than last time, so if I could use it to do that too...I'm a shy mama...that would be great! I'd like my dh to be able to use it too, I want to get him on board and think it would help the bonding process.

Thanks! any other tips would be great!

A simple stretchy wrap is great from birth, I got the hang of it in a couple of days. Connectas are great too and you can cinch the bottom for a newborn. They do one called 'Connecta Solar' which is meant for warmer weather but also for not so nice weather. :)

I highly recommend a woven wrap! I started wrapping when my oldest was nearly two but from birth with my second; we loved the ergo with my first b/c we didn't know any different, but i would never go back now! The wrap gives you SO many options!

You can definitely nurse while wearing in a wrap, but if you don't you can use the wrap as a nursing cover too :hugs:

And there is nothing lovelier than a baby wearing daddy :cloud9:

Soul Anoona! Cheap, beautiful, well made, cotton or linen options, fully adjustable from birth.

Hey, my baby girl is 4 months old now and I just only recently got into the carrier thing, I wish I had gotten it sooner! I did a lot of research before I decided to purchase mine. I got the “Baby Bjorn Mini” in cotton black. Prices do vary depending on where you live, I think they are cheaper in the states but in Canada they go for about $120 some in stores or online you can find some on sale. This has been the only carrier I’ve had and highly recommend it, especially if your small, I’m small as well (5’3-5’4). I’ll attach the link so you can see more. You can find them on amazon for cheaper I believe as well.

Baby Carrier Mini – perfect for a newborn | BABYBJÖRN

A stretchy wrap is great from birth as easy to get in and out of for feeding too.
I LOVE my connecta carrier. You can get ones specially for the hit climate.
I have friends that use woven wraps but I much prefer buckles.
Can you get to a local sling library to try a few?
Congratulations

Dont get the crap from Walmart type stores. Infantino, Bjorn, e.t.c. those arent good!!

For a newborn:
a stretch wrap (like a moby) is great but its stretchy so you can only do certain wraps and cant back carry.

A ring sling is number 1. Get a good one! Wildbird, sakura, lenny lamb, tula

A woven wrap would work short and longer. They can be tricky at first but you can front and back carry, multiple wraps.

Ergo or tula with infant insert but you're kind of limited in what you can do.

A mei tai type carrier, such as a mysol would work too.

My choice would be ring sling and then a woven wrap.

I loved my mei tai wrap. I wore my DS in it constantly until he was around ten months old and got so much more done than I would've otherwise been able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->