Recommendations for a not very wide pram?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by erikab922, Nov 18, 2011.

1. erikab922

erikab922 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I'm starting the great pram hunt (yes, me the lady who didn't think I would get one). Because of the way the downstairs is configured, you can't bring the pram straight in through the front doorway, there isn't enough room, so I have to bring it in on an angle. This means that I can rule out any wide prams. I would like one which fits a Maxi-Cosi car seat on top and one where the child can be forward or rear-facing. All of the prams I've seen so far are SO wide! Or maybe it's just me, I've never used a pram and they all seem ginormous. Does anyone have a recommendation for a normal-sized pram? Thanks SO much.

2. AngelUK

AngelUK Mummy of twin boys

I have been looking at double prams for my twins and that was really hard cause most of them won't fit through our door. I finally found one that is the same width as a single one and that is 63cm. My flat door is 73cm wide and also at an angle. I am just telling you this cause I wonder how narrow your front door and angle is if you cannot fit a 63cm pram through?

3. erikab922

erikab922 Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is that the front door doesn't open all of the way so we have to come in at an angle AND can't open the door flush to the wall.

4. Kaede351

Kaede351 Guest

The entrance to our house is bloody awkward too! You have the front door and an immediate 90 degree turn to get through the tiny tiny entrance way. I managed to get our pram through the door with a little bit of manoeuvring. We have a silver cross 3d pram... It can be front or rear facing and converts to a pushchair for when baby gets older. Not sure how wide it is, but seriously if I can get it through my door I would think you could get it through yours :)

XxX