Recommendations

gezimmom

Reaction score
What do you all think about the recommendations to keep baby in your room until they are one? I moved both of mine to their own rooms around 5mo. It seems like it would be a harder transition for baby at one year! Now that we are planning to ttc this summer/fall, I've been daydreaming about sleeping arrangements. Since lo will be room sharing with baby, waiting until it's 1 might be best? I'm curious who kept baby in their room until around 1,and how did it work out.

What do you all think about the recommendations to keep baby in your room until they are one? I moved both of mine to their own rooms around 5mo. It seems like it would be a harder transition for baby at one year! Now that we are planning to ttc this summer/fall, I've been daydreaming about sleeping arrangements. Since lo will be room sharing with baby, waiting until it's 1 might be best? I'm curious who kept baby in their room until around 1,and how did it work out.

Hey. Due to living arrangements we had to keep DS in our room until he was almost 1, our DD was also about 1 when we moved her into the room with her brother, I found it easier to be fair. Though from a different point of view my neice is just in a new room at 8 months old and having no issue at all. =) totally your choice but mine turned out fine ;) :hugs:

Hey. Due to living arrangements we had to keep DS in our room until he was almost 1, our DD was also about 1 when we moved her into the room with her brother, I found it easier to be fair. Though from a different point of view my neice is just in a new room at 8 months old and having no issue at all. =) totally your choice but mine turned out fine ;) :hugs:

Thank you! I guess it's hard to imagine because I've never done it. It does seem ideal for room sharing. :hugs:

Hi there! DD is 10 months and she has her own room but I've been sleeping/co-sleeping on a double bed in the nursery since she was born and I would definitely recommend it if baby would have to room share with a sibling. I also room shared with a couple of my siblings and wish my mom would have kept my sister in with her longer as I was school age and she disturbed my sleep a lot.

I think do what works for you. We bedshared from birth, which was a choice we made before I was even pregnant, and it was lovely. I got so much more sleep than my friends who didn't. We bedshared until our daughter was 2 and then she moved to sleep in a little floor bed next to our bed. She had her own room and at that age, she'd go to bed in her own room (so we didn't wake her up going to bed ourselves) and then come in and get in her bed in our room (or before that, in bed with us) when she wanted. Just after 3 she announced she would start sleeping all night in her own room and she did. It was an easy transition and we definitely plan to do the same next time. It's so much nicer to have them close, especially when you are getting up in the night for feeds and to get them back to sleep, and we liked that it was never a battle. She just grew up and was ready to sleep by herself and that's what she did. That was about a year ago now and she sleeps great on her own.

Agree it depends of what works for your family. Personally I have never co slept with my son (I don't actually think he would want to now at 2.5!) our lo had a crib in our room until he was 4 months then we moved him into a cotbed in his own room. I quickly learned that I wanted to teach him to self soothe which we did at 5 months.

My friends are sometimes jealous of how well my lo sleeps but we still have the odd bad night if he is poorly or overtired. I couldn't have had him in our room until 1 yr as he snores and wriggles so much he would keep me and SO awake all night!

My brother and his wife have two daughters (6 and 1) and they all sleep together in the master bedroom in a king size bed since birth for both girls. They each have huge rooms and one even has a large playroom attached to it. My sister in law prefers to sleep with the girls and they never want to go to there own room. My brother on the other hand says it has killed their love life (I can imagine lol). I suppose it depends on you and the baby. I'm sure once baby is sleeping through the night the others wont be bothered much. :)

Hi, with our first born he was in our room until he was one, the transition for him was easy because he would stay awake if he could see us.
With the twins we did the same thing, and I believe it was easy for them because they had each other. We never really had any issues, mostly because ours would stay awake no matter what if they could see/hear us.

Hi, with our first born he was in our room until he was one, the transition for him was easy because he would stay awake if he could see us.
With the twins we did the same thing, and I believe it was easy for them because they had each other. We never really had any issues, mostly because ours would stay awake no matter what if they could see/hear us.

Thanks for sharing! I've already day dreamed about rearranging our room to fit a crib! :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->