Rectocele and delivery?

MumOfPlenty

Expecting squishy #6...
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of suffering a rectocele while pregnant? And then having to face delivery?
I've been having a read about online and am pretty sure I have a rectocele.. Getting worse as my pregnancy progresses.. I'd like to know if I am expected to labour normally and give birth as usual, or will I be offered a C-sec?
Would this be the way best way to go? I can only think that the pushing etc of labour will only increase my issues down there...
Has anyone else got any experiences of suffering with anything like this? I'm dreading going to the doctors, about it, I really don't want to! But I don't want the problem to be made worse by me labouring out baby number 5! :blush:

Hi ive got a cystocele and an entocele lucky me that is a prolapse of bladder and back of vagina bulging in ive had them for 3 years :winkwink: and ive been told from my consultant that I will be giving birth naturally as that is the best way to do it as these conditions make no difference to actually giving birth but after they might get worse so ill be getting them put back with surgery 6 weeks after having baby , make sure you talk to your consultant about it they should know as it will be in your gyno file but speak to them anyway, im sure you will get to give birth naturally :thumbup:
I get extra appointments with my consultant to just check everthing is still okay and no problems are arising and im under consultant care and not midwife as im higher risk :hugs:

Thanks for your response. You've got a doublewhammy there! I don't think i have either of those aswell, just the rectocele..
I haven't even been to the docs about it yet, it's not something I've had any particular problems with before, but I certainly don't want to end up with a problem that is ten times worse because of a normal delivery..
I don't know if the different types of 'cele' work differently, but I do know that when labouring you're told to bear down like you're having a poo and to be honest - TMI alert! - I don't want the amount that bulges out at that point to be more than there usually is if that makes sense. :blush:
I really do not want to be having 'that' being made worse by the whole thing. Maybe it doesn't make a difference, I'm not sure.. From what I've read it does, but I just don't know, hence the thread! :wacko: I guess I better get to the docs though, I've only got 10 weeks left... Damnit. :(

Sorry no help but I'm planning a natural birth with a cystocele and midwife doesn't have any issues with it. I am planning to try and have surgery after this kid since I'm not planning any more!! I do know that if you do have the surgery then all subsequent births will be via c -section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->