Recurrent bladder infections

Happy

Mummy to Phoebe
Reaction score
In the past 3 weeks i've had 2 bladder infections both of which needed antibiotics to clear it. I was at work today and felt a bit funny when I went to the toilet and I think i have another one coming on. :hissy: I drink cranberry juice and water so I dont understand why this is happening again. I have never had so many water infections before it just seems to have come on since being pregnant, when I had my scan on Monday the lady said If i get another one they might have to put me on antibiotics for the rest of the pregnancy which I dont really fancy.

Has anyone had recurrent water infections?

Hi, I've only had one in pregnancy so far but I used to get them allll the time. I never know they're coming really, they always go straight to my kidneys. My only sign is a sore throat and feverish.
Anyway, my cousin is a nutritionist and got lots of them througout her pregnancy, she recommended cranberry capsules. Apparently they're much more effective than cranberry juice and work wonders.

I had recurrent bladder infections for the last half of my first pregnancy, and was on anitbiotics the whole time. I feel for you Hun :hugs: But make sure you keep up on the antibiotics, though you may worry about the harm that they can cause to LO, they are very safe for use during pregnancy.

I had them alot with my daughter and i have had 2 already this time some of us are just prone to them in pregnancy im afraid

Thanks for your replies. I'm going to the doctors to try and sort it out tomorrow, I think at this rate they are going to permanently put me on antibiotics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->