Recurring Thrush....

Emsy26

Mum of 4 & Wife-To-Be xx
Reaction score
I have been treated so many times in 6 weeks for thrush. As my dctor refused to give me anything else after the first lot of treatment, it got that bad I had to go to assessment, who gave me a stronger pessary and stronger cream.
Just when I thought it was going, it has come back with avengeance (sp?), it is so sore and itchy...and I've looked and it seems to be going quite deep into my hoo-hah (TMI..Sorry). :cry:
Should I go back to my useless doctor or just keep using the ceam until LO arrives?
Will it go away when he comes? And if he's born with it, what will happen?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou xox

Aw no! :( Have you tried coating down there in natural yogurt hunny? xx

I've tried everything. Nothing seems to be working. xox

My top tips are -

Acidophus tablets from the chemist to help get the bacteria balance in your gut, very good for treating chronic thrush

Getting a 6 day course of pessaries from your doctor - I had to have this when I got it and it wouldnt go away

Tea tree oil in your bath water - cool water and no soap to avoid aggravating it more

Hot washing your undies and towels to kill off any yeast that might be lingering there

Hope this helps! xxx

Definitely stop using any soaps to wash yourself down there - use a vaginal soap that can be purchased anywhere or strickly water. Avoid bubble baths or perfumed oil baths... switch to epson salts if you must have a bath. Otherwise, switch to showers.

Make sure you are wearing cotton underwear and do not wear clothing that is tight around the crotch area. You want the area to be able to breath. Thrush thrives on dark warm places. Make sure you wipe yourself well after going to the bathroom (always front to back) and after a shower make sure you dry yourself down there very well. The less moisture the better!!!

Other than that, complain to your doctor that you want something stronger and if possible something that can be used internally.

Good luck sweetie. It is not a fun thing to have at all!!!

I haven't had a scented bath since I began to have thrush, I bought some cotton underwear and only wear baggy trousers.
My doctor is absolutely useless, I'm at my wits end.
xox

Stay off anything yeasty and sugary. Breads etc... I am diabetic so my sugars are high and I got loads of it this pregnancy. Also my doc hates to over medicate her patients so she tells me to take baking soda baths daily and it works. Just dont use soaps or anything. Big hugs

ive bin getting thrush alot this pregnancy but it doesnt seem to be as bad as how you are having it.
my doctor did say tho, that u can give birth naturally and have a healthy baby with thrush. I had said to him will i have to have a c-section because of the thrush and he said its not a problem.
i can truely sympathise with you tho hun, its really not nice, but thts one less worry :D

Good luck

xxxx

hey girls im new to this site and know how it feels with having thrush all the time i had it really bad this time and can seem to get rid of it . its hard as when i first. saw this post and it said avoid to much bread it one of my biggest cravings right now . i have tried to lots of canesten external and internal cream and the pessary once but nothing got rid of it this time .

i have had 3 courses of antibiotics in the last 2 weeks and have thrush now. i have been taking bioaccidophilus (2 twice a day) and eating lots of natural yoghurt. also cutting down on sugary foods and drinks helps. i am only using the cream at the minute as no point in treating it with a pessary until i have the antibiotics as it will probably only come back and need treated again. it seems to be under control atm thank goodness but i know how u feel. it keeps u awake at night with the constant itching. i would try these things but also go back to ur doctor and insist that they give u something stronger. u shouldn't have to suffer. xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->