Red blisterlike rashes.. pls help

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by eagermom, Nov 17, 2011.

1. eagermom

eagermom Aarshi's Mum

Ladies..

I've a one month old lil girl and i just noticed some red tiny spots over her face a couple of days before. now today these have increased.. to red spots(pimple like) but still red and all over her body..

DD is exclusively on breastfeeding.. What can this be??

I usually use johnson and johnson baby lotion over her face and body once a day.. and also massaged her with johnson and johnson baby oil.. any chance she's got allergic to these???

pls advice

2. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

Do they have white heads? could be milk spots/baby acne which is common.

Maybe chicken pox if its blisters? x

3. LauraLu

LauraLu Well-Known Member

Yes, she could very well be having a reaction to the lotion. My daughter and son used to break out with these "pimples' all over their bodies after I applied it (Johnson & Johnson's pink lotion). I stopped using it.

Now, when it's bath time, they each get Dove unscented soap, and no lotion. If their skin seems to be getting dry, I just use a plain, unscented moisturizer. No more pimples!

4. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

could be the johnsons clogging her pores causing the acne x squirt of breast milk on them should do the trick!