Red book

Yeah I'm normally Wishaw General too but had to go to Hairmyers for a scan last week.....they had everything on the screen and were all prepared. Was quite impressed. My notes were the same for DS1 lol xx

Ours are just standard white, just like they were with my first 5 years ago. Though apparently they have recently changed the layout of the pages and added a few new things and moved stuff around. I'm in the South West of England.

The reason it's so nice to have paper notes is that you can access them anywhere. No one has to drag a computer around with them. I have all my appts at home so I keep my own notes and midwife doesn't have to get out a laptop and try to log into some electronic records system. Never mind that I imagine that wouldn't be allowed under privacy laws anyway, as NHS patient records, as far as I know, should be accessed only on encrypted networks and my home wifi isn't encrypted. Plus it's nice to 'own' all your own records, to be able to read them, ask questions about them, update them with your own notes if necessary.

The actual 'red books' though are the same as far as I know, as in your child health record that you get late in pregnancy, though they do add sections and pages here and there depending on locality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->