red in creases of skin?

mum2b2009

mummy of two boys!
Reaction score
my lo is red in some of the creases of his skin, i think it is were not enough air gets to it! does anyone know what i can put on it? thanks

I think every baby gets red in the skin folds, but it's shock to see it for the first time :) Alex had lots of red skin & smelly whote stuff under his neck folds, I just kept them clean from milk as best as I could. I used to wipe the area dry often and then put little bit of barrier cream & talcim powder, which seemed to do the trick :)

Ilana gets loads of this as she's such a chubster! I tried liquid talc (didn't want her inhaling loose talc) but it didn't dry under there. I now use Waitrose Bottom Butter (£2.40 and it's just olive oil, vanilla and chamomile opil, nothing else) and it's great! No more redness, plus this stuff is great for massage, dry skin on the face, lip balm for me - everything!

Ilana gets loads of this as she's such a chubster! I tried liquid talc (didn't want her inhaling loose talc) but it didn't dry under there. I now use Waitrose Bottom Butter (£2.40 and it's just olive oil, vanilla and chamomile opil, nothing else) and it's great! No more redness, plus this stuff is great for massage, dry skin on the face, lip balm for me - everything!

I love the Bottom Butter! The nicest cream I have ever found! It's amazing for cradle cap and less greasy than olive oil. My friend got me some, but I never thought to use it for the red smelly bits. Lucy always gets a cheesy neck! So I'll give this a try. It reminds me I need to stock up on some more when I get back to Scotland. Fingers crossed the new Waitrose in Glasgow has some! Otherwise I'm doomed!

My baby girls neck gets like this sometime because she is sooo chubby! I find that sudocream works wonders. I put it on at night after her bath so she doesn't go around all day with a white neck :)

Otter gets this, too, as he has so many chub folds!!!

Keep them clean, dry them before you let them fold back together. Also, I use this:
https://www.eucerinus.com/products/baby_aqua.html

It is ace! slathering it on a few times per day when I see them start to get red clears it right up every time! :happydance:

I have the exact same problem !! lol

I tend to use a cotton bud with baby oil to wipe away any of the milk remnants (we call em cheesy creases lol) and then put a ton of sudocream on there, works a treat :)

xx

We get this to ... Sometimes if its getting very red after a bath I will put some talc there. Usually with cotton wool so he's not inhaling it, this dries it out nicely.

My HV suggested Vaseline as a good cream to put on it, but I don't tend to put cream as it jsut makes it sticky again

i just always bathe Olivia at night to clean out her folds:) then every time i change her diaper i run a clean wipe under her neck to clean out any cheese:) boy that stuff can stink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->