Red marks on DS after wearing fuzzibunz

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by pattysurveys, Jan 25, 2011.

1. pattysurveys

pattysurveys Guest

Hi everyone,

We are new to CDing and just second day using our FBs. I love the way they feel and how I haven't had any blow-outs of leaks yet. BUT I notice that my DS's legs and his waist (back) have pretty awful looking red marks after removing the diapers :dohh: Right now he is 18.5 lbs and 24'' (Pretty chubby for a 3 1/2 month old I know).

I have the waist elastic setting on his back to the last one so 1 and the legs on 3. If I go to 2 I see air and they are loose so I am afraid of leaking....

What to do?:nope:

2. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

Is it maybe to do with how tight you're fastening the nappies then? If both the waist and the legs are leaving red marks, I wouldn't do them up as tight when you put it on.

3. pattysurveys

pattysurveys Guest

I am snapping them on the last buttom available.,.... so the biggest setting

4. Joyzerelly

Joyzerelly Mama to two darlings

I have this problem with my babe. His so called 'Birth to Potty' nappies are too small to use (He's 5 months old!) and the Large sized ones leave horrible red marks on his (hugely chubby) thighs! I'm afraid I don't know what you can do about it but I've been rubbing a bit of sudocrem into the marks between changes and also varying the brands.

5. Pickles77

Pickles77 Mummy to 2

Are you using the smalls or the mediums? If its the smalls, you might want to go to mediums, because I think the top weight limit on the smalls is 18lbs. It does sound like you are doing them too tight. I use them on both my son and daughter and if I see marks on them its usually time to move up a setting.

6. pattysurveys

pattysurveys Guest

I am using the One Size diapers, I got it right after messing around with the elastics and the leg elastics are now 2 on one side and 3 on the other.

7. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

his shape will change hun soon so you might get a better fit in a couple of weeks

8. Pickles77

Pickles77 Mummy to 2

Ah yes, it will just take you a few times to get the settings right! Good luck!