Red Raspberry Leaf tea capsules... someone remind me!

Mamamumum

Reaction score
When do I start and how many? Is it 1 a day from 34wks and the 2 a day from 37wks or 2 a day from the get go (34wks)?

I started at 30 weeks because that’s what is says on the bottle. I take 2 per day. I’m not sure about the tea though.
I have read it doesn’t induce labour just prepare your uterus. I haven’t noticed anything different since taking them.

You really can start any time. Some people drink the tea all pregnancy. I’m 31 weeks and will start with tea and capsules in the next week or so, which is what I did with my first. I would start on a low dose and build up to the max if you want (it should say on the bottle depending on strength). I think I started at 1-2 a day and built up to 2 capsules twice a day (4 total) plus I drank it as tea as I felt like it, probably a cup a day. But I would ease into it and see how you feel.

It depends on the dosage, I was going to take the capsules too (did the tea last pregnancy and it didn't have the labour-shortening effect I'd hoped!) but online research into what dosage of the capsules to take when ended up confusing me so much I just decided to stick with the tea.

I took 1 when I remembered at 30 weeks, moved up to 2 when I remembered at 32 weeks, then 3 at 34 weeks, then 4 whenever I remembered from 36 on... But I was very forgetful with them... I DID take a whole bunch when I thought I felt labor coming on and then had a STRONG cup of the tea (which works much faster) the night I woke up in labor. :) If I started at 34 weeks, I'd start with 1, then move up to 2 at 35 weeks, 3 at 36 weeks, then 4 after that, which I did with my first baby. :)

Curious to hear what others have to say. I ordered my capsules yesterday. I didn't take them with my first, but will be starting at 34 weeks with this little one.

What dosage did you all start on?

I just posted a question similar to this without checking the other threads! Definitely answers some of my questions, I am gonna try the tea instead of the capsules though just to have have one less tablet to worry about keeping down.
I'm at 34 weeks and fron what I've read I'll probably do 2-3 cups a day at first and slowly increase if I need to

Moving up to 3 tablets a day as of today now I'm 36 weeks. I've noticed that my BH's are a lot stronger since taking them. How is everyone else finding taking RL? Is it making a difference to you?

Moving up to 3 tablets a day as of today now I'm 36 weeks. I've noticed that my BH's are a lot stronger since taking them. How is everyone else finding taking RL? Is it making a difference to you?

I *think* so. I mean, I'm having BHs full stop which I wasn't before, so there is that. Maybe coincidence though. I'm having the tea (moved up to 4 cups daily now I'm 37+, will now stick with 4 cups) and 2 of the tablets. Can't remember what dosage they are but the bottle says 2 a day. I know some women go over what the bottle says but I won't since I'm also having the tea.

Im doing the tea (I don't like pills of any form) and I am drinking up to 2 cups now that I am 34 weeks. I plan to go to 4 cups at 37 weeks. I have been having horrible braxton hicks in my back but I am not sure if thats from the tea or just my body.

Oh I'd forgotten about raspberry leaf!

Took them with my first and had her in under an hour! Careful!

I started 1 capsule twice a day at 32 weeks. I'm still at that dose for now.

Bumped up to 5 tablets today. Next week will be full dose. How's everyone else getting on with theirs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->