red raspberry leaf users!

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
How do you find it makes your stomach/uterus feel??

I tried doing the tea a few weeks ago cause I'd wake up in the night with my stomach really uncomfortable and tight... So I stopped taking it.

And i've been taking it now for a few days again and it was the same thing last night.

Is it supposed to do that? I know it is supposed to condition your uterus or something.

Thats the reason i've stopped taking it, im up half the night with a tight stomach and feeling sick, sometimes being sick and its all purpley/red liquid so i blame the tea!

Nothing for me so far. I've been taking it for about a fortnight now.

I suffered from really bad wind/indigestion between my shoulder blades and in my chest. It started the day after I started taking the tablets and lasted the 3 days I was on them, so I came off them and haven't had any pain since....So it didn't work for me :hissy:

That sounds like it might be the tea/rasberry leaf tabs. Not everyone is effected by it. I've stayed away from it this time round and I'm a bit dubious about it's reported benefits.

I think it caused BHs for me. I didnt have them with my first and I didnt take RL.....:shrug:

hmm well we'll see, I am skeptical that it does make you go into labour... I only take 1 cup a day and it recommends 3 lol! So who knows if it will do anything.

I started the tabs about 2 weeks ago and the 2nd day I started using them I was up all night with BH and cramp- As I am such a worrier (hubby would prob say hypochondriac!!) I thought it was too much a co-incidence to not be caused by the RL, so I stopped.

However after the week i've had and the false labour started on Sunday (nothing to do with RL)- and has now gone - I decided this morning to give the RL another go. I was sooooo convinced at the start of the week that babs was going to make an appearance, i'm kinda missing the intense period pains now, and feel quite gutted that it's died down.
I'll let you know if anything happens in the next couple of nights now I have started the RL leaf again.

I had been drinking RL tea for a week and then I got some mild braxton hicks and I believe the two to be related. I was constipated before - on iron tablets - but taking the tea seems to have balanced it out so only good effects as far as I'm concerned.

hi, i took rasperry leaf tabs with my six yr old who was my first and had no side effects but i did have a 4 hr labour and was only in pain for 2 hrs at most and I hardly had to push to get her out. May have been the tabs but may be a coincidence. I'm now 31wks with babe number 2 and want to take them again but i;m too scared because Dr Chris Steele on Phil & Fern on This Morning programme said they have recently been linked to pre-eclampsia. Has anyone else heard this or asked their midwife?

Doesn't affect me, I took it last time and been on it 2 weeks so far this time and been fine x

I heard the story about it being linked to pre-eclampsia and asked my MW- she said she hadn't heard anything about it- but that's not really a difinitive answer I suppose. I though it'd be fine if I started it late enough and have had normal bp all along,
- not sure about the report though as it said that a number of women who had pre-eclampsia took RL and they are not sure if it was as a result of if the RL or were they going to get it anyway.
I took that to mean they haven't actually studied the RL itself-
I've informed my MW I am starting to take it again and now I am on weekly antenatal checks, i'm sure any change in BP would be caught quite early.

I've been taking it for just over a fortnight (the tea anyhow) and i feel nothing, i dont even feel bh's contractions so i've convinced myself i dont get bh's anyway. So no harm done. However, since taking the tea my iron count has gotten much better. I was a lil low before but its now just perfect. So who knows?

Well mine only came today so only just started taking them, but will keep you posted x x

I'M NOT SURE HOW ACCURATE BUT RASPBERRY LEAF TEA HAS BEEN LINKED TO PRE-ELAMPSIA AND HIGH BP. (daily mail few weeks ago?)

I can say i used it with first ds, and ended up with high bp and a 26 hr labour, so did me no good. It is suppost to tighten stomach muscels to make labour easier. Anyway hasten to add I won't be usng it this time round.

I drank the tea with my no2 and had just an 4 hour long labour which was relatively painless and only took 2 pushes, could be coincidence but i think the tea really helped my labour.
This time im drinking 2 tea a day and taking 4 tablets a day, baby is engaged and ready to go so im hoping it will help do something!
The woman at a high street health shop today told me that the tea alone is too weak to have an affect but that the tablets will help to soften the cervix.
I thought id combine the two and wait and see!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->