Reduced movement 38 weeks

Jft1

Reaction score
I just need a place to vent - I had my midwife at 37 weeks, my bump was measuring small so she booked a scan for 2 days later. In those 2 days I became concerned about the baby’s movement, so when I was up for the scan I mentioned that. They did a trace and all was fine, the scan was fine too, just going to be a smaller baby. They offered a sweep or to book an induction because I was over 37 weeks. I was caught off guard and said no, I’d rather wait a bit longer. They agreed and said as long as I monitor the movement and go back if anything changed. Over the weekend the movement has been reduced again, so I went to the hospital this morning. The midwife was lovely and said my bump was measuring even smaller (I know this is a very rough measurement and 2 people can get 2 different results) so she said she would do a trace and try to get hold of a doctor. The trace was fine, and the doctor decided to do a scan. The scan showed everything was ok (which I’m obviously glad of), said baby has long legs and maybe that’s why my bump looks small?? It was a young doctor and a trainee who he was teaching - I’m sure they’re both excellent at their job but I did feel a bit brushed off.. he didn’t mention a sweep or an induction. Just to go back if anything changed. I still don’t feel like baby has moved as much as usual since I’ve been home so now I’m pissed off that I never just booked the induction when I was offered the first time. I don’t know if they didn’t offer today because it’s the holiday weekend and there’s not many staff on or because he has a different view on induction. Anyway, I’m now uptight and getting emotional because I’m worried but feel like there’s no point in going back until I can see my own consultant on Tuesday.

Oh gosh I would have been caught off guard if in the same position and probably would have declined too given the scan etc was ok !

Two midwives measured me with DS within the space of 5 minutes and they didn’t get the same measurements exactly like you say. Which can be frustrating for us !

How have the movements been since you posted ?? xx

Oh gosh I would have been caught off guard if in the same position and probably would have declined too given the scan etc was ok !

Two midwives measured me with DS within the space of 5 minutes and they didn’t get the same measurements exactly like you say. Which can be frustrating for us !

How have the movements been since you posted ?? xx
Movements haven’t been great so I went to daycare at 9am when they opened. They put my on the monitor and the first 20 mins there was so movement when usually baby tries it’s best to kick the monitor things off. They kept me on it for an hour and there was plenty of movement the last 30 mins. Again the midwife said that all of the anxiety won’t be helping and it would be better to induce but she’d need to speak to a doctor. Spoke to a doctor who wants ANOTHER scan .. no idea what the point is when I had one Wednesday and Sunday. But my scan is in 10 mins then I have an appointment with a doctor to discuss it. I’m sure the scan will show everything is ok and they’ll tell me just to ‘wait and see how things are’ but I’m definitely getting myself worked up so I really hope they just make a plan for me to have baby soon xx

Movements haven’t been great so I went to daycare at 9am when they opened. They put my on the monitor and the first 20 mins there was so movement when usually baby tries it’s best to kick the monitor things off. They kept me on it for an hour and there was plenty of movement the last 30 mins. Again the midwife said that all of the anxiety won’t be helping and it would be better to induce but she’d need to speak to a doctor. Spoke to a doctor who wants ANOTHER scan .. no idea what the point is when I had one Wednesday and Sunday. But my scan is in 10 mins then I have an appointment with a doctor to discuss it. I’m sure the scan will show everything is ok and they’ll tell me just to ‘wait and see how things are’ but I’m definitely getting myself worked up so I really hope they just make a plan for me to have baby soon xx
So glad you went back ! How did the scan go ?! Hopefully they will induce you ease at anxiety ! X

Good luck for your scan :hugs:
Thanks bev x
So glad you went back ! How did the scan go ?! Hopefully they will induce you ease at anxiety ! X
Scan went well, baby was active so they couldn’t do the growth measurement. Saw the consultant after and they’ve decided induction is the best route. I’ve to go back in at 9pm tonight to start the process, they’re not sure if I’ll need any of the pessaries with it being my 2nd baby, but I’ll know when I get my internal exam. Looks like baby could be here tomorrow!! So exciting!!x

It’s so strange because obviously I’m super excited for this baby to arrive, but when I got home from the hospital I felt a weird guilty feeling that my little boys whole world is about to change and he doesn’t even know it. I’m glad I got to bath him and put him to bed so it’s not too much disruption. My mum will come up soon and stay so she’s here if DH gets the call to come during the night

Oh hon good luck.
Hope u won't need the passeries and they can just break ure waters.

Praying everything goes really well.
I'm stalking

Wishing you the best of luck !! Hopefully the induction won’t be slow and things happen quickly !

I know what you mean I felt the same when DD2 was being born ! But they will adore each other and having a sibling is amazing for them !

Hope ure OK hon been thinking about u all night hope the induction smooth and baby is here x

Aww this is so lovely to read !
Congratulations ! Hope mum and baby are well !!

Congratulations hon hope ure OK.

Thank you all for the beautiful kind messages. I had a perfect little boy :blue: he’s totally stolen our hearts. He was born on the 8th April at 1:19am weighing 7lb 2oz. He wasn’t very well at first and was in special care after needing resuscitated a couple of times, but since then he’s massively improved. He’s feeding well and we’re so happy that our family is complete <3

Aww Congratulations :)
I'm so glad he's OK now after being in special care :)

Congratulations on your baby boy, glad you are both now doing ok! Xxxxxx

Congratulations sweetheart xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"