Reduced movements x13 and induction - update please someone

Al4321

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been in this position or know anyone who has? Basically I had a car crash at 29 weeks went into pre term labour managed to stop it I was very lucky and so was baby...since the car crash I have had 13 episodes of reduced movements basically every 2 weeks the baby goes quiet for around 4 or 5 days and then is active again for 2 weeks etc.

I'm 35 weeks and 3 days now and have been for monitoring every day the last 4 days since she has been very quiet. Normally every monitoring I have she goes crazy on there and they are perfect. It's very worrying and I'm going hours and hours between movement.

Today however was the first time she worried myself and the midwife because for the first 10 15 minutes of monitoring the baby was moving like usual but her heart stayed the same and didn't accelerate with movements...eventually it accelerated twice with movements...And that was it. Midwife said she is happy thay baby's heart accelerated in the end.

But then she said "you have an appt with consultant tomorrow and what will probably happen is we will induce you at 37 weeks"

I was so shocked I didn't know they would induce this early with reduced movements ?

I was induced at 37 weeks with my last pregnancy due to reduced movements. It's our hospitals policy that if you have 3 epidoes of reduced movements they induce you. 37 weeks is class's as term so prefer the baby out in case something does happen. I think it's more precaution than anything and I think in your case it's a good thing. Try not to stress I'm sure everything will be fine. My daughter was born small but was already measuring little and was perfectly healthy

Thank you for the reply. I seen my consultant who unfortunately just said to keep going for ctgs every other day and see him again in 2 weeks time I'm not happy with this decision.

I really feel like no one is taking me seriously her movements are still very reduced and her pattern still hasn't returned yes the monitoring is fine when I go there but that's 20 minutes out of 24 hours I'm really not happy and I've no idea what to do. My instincts are going wild and I've told my consultant I have a horrible feeling something isn't right.

Please I'm at such a loss I can't cope with this worry when I don't feel her move for hours and hours and don't even know if she's still here :(

Ah hun I'm so sorry the consultant wasn't more helpful, it's awful when you feel like no one is listening to you. All I can suggest is keep ringing the hospital every time you have reduced movements, every other ctgs or not. It's what they are there for and if ever you doubt yourself just think you are doing this for your beautiful baby.

Maybe your baby is just settling into a new routine? However I'd always say go with your instincts, have they not offered you another scan?

Also when you do go for your routine CTG stress to them that you still don't feel happy and you are worried.

If I was in your shoes I would be calling my doctor and showing up every single day. I would not rest until I was admitted or had constant monitoring. Advocate for yourself! Show up at l&d if you can too

I would go back to L&D. When a baby moves alot less it could be that they're in distress. There were talks about inducing me at 32 weeks in one of my pregnancies because of reduced movements, that even on the US he wasnt moving but thankfully that changed fast and I got passed my due date and was induced. But everyone is different and every situation is different. I would def go back.

Thanks all. I have been there every single day for ctg monitoring it takes an hour each way to get there but I have gone every day because she is still ever so quiet. I burst into tears there today and told them I don't know how much more I can cope of this as I'm not sleeping with the worry and anxiety of her movements and finally a doctor agreed so I'll be having an ultrasound next Monday then I'll be induced next thursday at 37 weeks. I will be going every single day for ctgs until then for as long as her movements are still reduced.

Glad you pushed for what you wanted and are keeping the baby heavily monitored... mommies know best!!

Go you! Don't ever let anyone push aside your fears or ignore what your saying. Im glad they are listening to you and helping ease your fears now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->