Reduced Movements

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by sparkswillfly, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Does anybody have periods of reduced movements? I havent really felt bubs move in the last 2 days Im quite worried. Is it normal?

2. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

My LO slows down one day, but she makes up for it the next.

3. Shifter

Shifter Guest

Yes I'm sure it's normal. I think it's once you get to 24 weeks they say that if you don't feel any movement for 24 hours to contact your MW.

4. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

Iam sure baby is just having a few sleepy days hun .
    But ! if you are ever ever unsure you can ask Midwife to check with a doppler to put your mind at ease , Iam sure she will be happy to do that .. If you havent got a doppler at home . xxxxx .

5. Lois

Lois Me, OH, Evie & Joseph

I had this last weekend. Baby barely moved for 2 and a half days and I became very concerned. I spoke to a midwife at my local labour ward and she wasn't hugely concerned but had me go in to check on the baby so that I could relax. The baby was absolutely fine and started kicking away again the following afternoon.

Everything is probably fine but if you need reassurance there is no harm in calling your midwife to talk it through.
    Lx

6. heather91

heather91 Preggers with 2nd

Yeah last week LO had a couple of days where she didn't move as much, but this week she's been kicking like mad. I wouldn't worry about it. :) x

7. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

I'm at the same stage as you i feel him/her every day but some days/times more than others i think its better when you don't look out for it then you notice it more. xx

8. hes been kicking lots this morning so panic over!

9. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

yah i get them all the time nothin to worry about xx

10. happy&healthy

happy&healthy Ada's Mom

This happens to me too, especially during week 20. My doctor told me its not important to track movement until 28 weeks.

11. shampain

shampain Mum to Patrick! :-)

Ah i think its national baby be still week or something because my little one has been quiet for about 2days now! Im sure he will make up for it tomoz!! xx

12. nkbapbt

nkbapbt Double Preemie Momma

I have had this the past few days as well...then last night he/she went all crazy beating me up! I was getting worried too, but I could get the heartbeat loud and strong on the dopler, so that always makes me feel better.

13. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Please don;t panic yourself over movements at this stage. I never even got a definate kick until way after 20 weeks with Caitlin.

At this stage theres nothing taht can really tell or confirm all ok or not as far as kicks/movments go. After 30 weeks is when you should be paying more attention to babies movements daily ...

A doppler is wonderful peace of mind at this sage I highly recommend one if you are a paniced person x

14. goddess25

goddess25 Well-Known Member

It seems to be normal at this stage, going through a process of slowing down. My LO seems to be a little quiter now than previous days but seems to make up for it day after.