Referral to paediatrician

mummy2one

DS (8) OH (34) ME (30)
Reaction score
After a meeting with the HV and Speech Therapy both health professionals have said they would and have referred my DS to a paediatrician with suspected ASD.

This isn't a shock to us as we have had doubts for a while, DS is 3 and a half and hardly talks so we had done some research before we met with the HV. I was just wondering if anyone had been in this position and what happens next?

The speech therapist was concerned as he doesn't make eye contact or take turns very good, and she was also concerned as he only follows one instruction at a time and only says odd words occasionally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hello
my son is 6 and has aspergers he was not referred until he was 4 when he started school. each area does things differently but he was seen by the paed, Occuational therapist and speach and language. it was a 2 hour assessment called ADOS which they worked with matthew while the doctor spoke to us building up a idea of his problems. after the asssessment we was asked to leave while they discussed there findings then invited back in to get there opinion.

his first assessment was inconclusive so over 6 months they gathered more information and then we got the diagnos.

good luck hope u dont have to wait to long

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"