Referral to the infertility clinic... what to expect?

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
Hi girls,

So me and my hubby have been trying for baby 2 for the past 9 months.
I've had numerous issues since coming off BC and have been to numerous scans and gynaecologists - possible PCOS, cervical ectropion etc.
I am sure i have nor ovulated even once in the past 9 months as i take OPKs and temp and have had no temp shift after a positive OPK so my GP has today referred me to the infertility clinic to investigate further.
Could anyone tell me what i can expect?
What further testing they will do?

xx

Hello! :flower:

They will probably do a fair amount of blood work, questions and likely an U/S. I would assume they will also want to do sperm analysis (SA) to make sure it is not secondary infertility. If you do in fact have PCOS, the treatment seems fairly standard of Clomid or Femara coupled with timed intercourse after a trigger shot. The will probably have you take it CD 3-7 and then check to see if your follicles (immature eggs) have gotten big enough to trigger and be viable for conception.

My husband and I tried for number 1 for over a year with no success, and after having blood work, he told me that I probably don't ovulate at all. After having my ultra sound those cysts on my ovaries were right there and visible to see. (I had also had a history of having ovarian cysts rupture on me- SUPER PAINFUL). Clomid did the trick for me, as it helped produce the follicle I needed for my daughter!:happydance: Good luck to you! Keep us updated!

Also, I am currently TTC #2 as well. I am on my second round of Clomid and Ovidrel (consecutive rounds- I did a round in Nov and it failed). I am feeling good about this cycle though!

Feel free to join us on "Starting Clomid Wednesday, Anyone want to Join?" board. There are wonderful ladies over there TTC2 and beyond and we keep each other updated and positive!

Thanks so much for your response! it's nice to hear it from somebody who has been through it!
I'm sure i'll go down the same route as my temps show my body isn't ovulating although OPKs show im trying too!
I'll have a look at the group now, thankyou :flower: x

At my first appointment they took my history, did bloods and arranged for more later in my cycle (hormone, thyroid etc) , did an internal scan.

We had to have a SA done before being referred but this could need organised

Good luck! I was dreading it but came away feeling better as I had a reason for my infertility and a plan of action to treat it

Thanks for your reply lovecakes! Will they want to do a SA before anything else?
Before my LO i fell pregnant but had a miscarriage then obviously i have my LO and now we are trying for number 2 so i highly doubt it's my hubby but obviously all corners need to be covered.

How long did it take for you to get your appointment hun? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->