Referred to skin cancer clinic - WTT until we're sure I'm OK

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
So, I have a mole on my shoulder which has grown and has some darker pigment in the middle. I went to the GP and although she was very reassuring and said I'm her opinion she thought it was just reacting to rubbing on clothes, she has referred me to the skin cancer clinic to be sure. I'm terrified as I have anxiety as it is, I feel like I can FEEL it attacking me! Which I know is crazy and irrational. There's a 2 week referral time if there's any chance of melanoma so I should be seen soon, and we're hoping that that'll be it the doctor could say it's absolutely fine... Or he could want to remove it to be sure and then we'd be waiting for the removal then again for results on biopsies and potentially having treatment.

I'm gutted.

OH wants to try in June as planned no matter what but the pessimist in me couldn't do that. I guess it depends what the dermatologist at the clinic says, we'll ask about possibly TTC. I just have this terrible fear of being diagnosed with cancer when pregnant as what if I had to choose between chemo and keeping the baby? I don't think I could put my life ahead of the baby's but then my son needs his mummy... I know I'm panicking and way way ahead of myself but welcome to my head! I can't sleep or concentrate on anything anymore. :(

This was supposed to be our month of fun and normality after a busy year getting married and moving house. I was also supposed to be getting healthy for TTC but now drinking too much coffee all day to survive, too much wine at night to unwind and a ton of junk food to comfort myself. :dohh:

Every time I get motivated to be better I remember the mole and think 'F*** it we may never get to TTC anyway'

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! :hugs: Hopefully you get good news back, and don't have to change your plans too much!

Well I have an appointment for Saturday morning (which is also my birthday :() so I guess we'll go from there. I can't believe that after waiting so long we may be delaying again and for such a scary reason. I was ready to TTC a year ago but OH wanted us to get married first (we'd been engaged since before I was pregnant with our son) and then we decided to wait until after honeymoon..

Oh darling. That is a lot to have on your mind. If it helps I don't think you are over thinking things at all. I am and have always been a worrier but being a parent means you HAVE to think things through, which is exactly what you have done.

I have every faith that you will be absolutely fine (I know that wont ease your concerns, I am no doctor!) but I would put the ttc on hold until you have it confirmed and can properly relax get yourself ready and most importantly enjoy it!

I hope you can put this all behind you very very soon.

I hope its great news! I'm having a thing taken off of my shoulder next week too. The doc thinks it is scar tissue but wants to check to be sure. I actually scheduled it asap so I could be done before we TTC. My doc was okay with waiting until after I had my next baby but the paranoia would have made me insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->